Unstable Dimensions

Dear Diary: February 20, 2014

After Valentine's Day, we all started to get ready for Leah and Keith's wedding. Well most of us anyways. The Denali's were invited and even volunteered to help Alice and Jasper with the prep work. All of them were down in La Push getting things ready. Having that many vampires in the neighborhood again meant that the wolves started to phase again; this was a good thing because they would all be in control of themselves by next week and the actual wedding. One more note was that Rogue had promised to have a decently warm day of the wedding. It was in the forecast to snow and be like a very bitter -20 but not if our Watcher leader/queen had anything to say about it. She would make it a nice 65 though cloudy so we wouldn't have to worry about sparkling. After all, not all of Leah's guests and family members knew about the existence of the supernatural and we were going to keep it that way.

Once Alice had everything both the bride and groom had wanted, she didn't allow them on the reservation. They were told to stay home on the east coast because she wanted to surprise them. Keith had already picked out the honeymoon destination; they were going to England as that's where his family was originally from and he wanted to show her everything. They were going for 2 weeks. Alice was also working on getting Leah a passport ASAP as she'd never left the country before and running as a wolf to Canada didn't count and neither did the trip to Rogue's Isle as that was done on a private island and didn't require any public outings where credentials would be required.

Meanwhile the only ones that had returned from their Valentine's Day getaway were Peter and Amy. Maria and John were still in Italy and Michelle and Kim were still in Colorado to come back early next week in time for the wedding. I was returning home from the hospital that evening when I noticed something very strange going on with the stars in the sky. They were spinning, like in a vortex. I wasn't sure if it was some kind of strange aurora borealis so I didn't give it much thought as I pulled into our driveway, parked the car and got out. I was just about to walk into the house when I heard a tremendous WHOOSH overhead. My family who were all in our house save for Rogue and Alexander, must of heard it too because they all migrated outside with very strange expressions.

The wolves phased and started growling uneasily toward the sky. It was almost pitch black by then but there was definitely something large in the sky. Amy walked off the porch and gazed into the sky just as whatever it was zoomed overhead once again. We all looked wide eyed at the sky but whatever it was too fast for us to follow. Because there wasn't a moon, we couldn't even see its outline though just by the sound it made it was obvious it was of monstrous proportions. Amy's eyes narrowed.

"Here we go again." She mumbled. Before we could ask what she meant by that, she put her fingers to her temples and summoned Rogue. Both Rogue and Alexander materialized a few seconds later.

"What's wrong?" Rogue asked confused.

"We have a problem." Amy answered with an exasperated sigh.

"What now?"

"That." Amy pointed toward the sky just as the ginormous shaped creature came into view. We gasped as we finally saw what it was. Surely, it couldn't be.

"Oh hell no! How did it get here this time?" Rogue looked beyond annoyed.

"This time? This has happened before?" I asked incredulously as my eyes were fixated on the giant creature in the sky.

"Every few hundred years, it or its friends find a way into this world. It's rather annoying." Rogue said as the creature flew lower and we finally realized we were in fact looking at what we thought we were and that our eyes weren't in fact playing tricks on us.