Happy Halloween!

***Congratulations Kristina Turner on winning the Halloween Costume Contest for Sava! It is also the last contest for this diary. Your winning photo is part of a collage that is displayed above as the primary collage! Great job!! Xoxo Olga***

Dear Diary:                                                                November 1, 2014

            Happy Halloween everyone! I hope your hallows eve was spent with friends and family. Ours was different than last year. For starters, there wasn't any bad news and it was actually relatively quiet. The quiet being because our neighborhood had emptied of Watchers save for Keith. Rogue and the other Watchers had a big meeting at their headquarters which we learned was a metaphysical structure located underwater underneath the North Pole. Neither human ships, sonar, nor submarines could detect it. And by the other Watchers, I mean all 1 million of them subtract 1. Keith was staying home to go trick or treating with Leah and Sava. Rogue assured him that he wouldn't be needed and any news that they had or anything they had decided upon, he would know of immediately.

            This meant that Amy and Corin also left along with Kim, Michelle, and Alexander. Seth was bummed not to spend Halloween with his imprint but he knew when duty called, they had to go and it's not like they left that often nowadays anyways. Sue was still with us and though she didn't dress up, she did borrow an old witch's hat of Alice's and put that on so she wouldn't look completely boring. This was her only opportunity to take her grandson trick or treating while he was still a toddler. He was speaking clearly now though he still called Emmett "uncle doofus" which made everyone giggle except the party in question.

            Rogue decided on Halloween for the meeting so she could avoid celebrating her birthday. As mentioned last year, after you're over 3,000 years old, celebrating was kind of a moot point and she didn't want to bother. Little did she know that that she was going to get one hell of a surprise party at their headquarters. I mean think about it; for someone who hates being the center of attention during celebrations she tried running away from our family and right into a mega party by her own Watchers. Poetic justice if you ask me. That wasn't the point of the meeting obviously but there was no where she could run. Amy told us later that Rogue's face was priceless. They got it all on camera too.

            Meanwhile, on the home front, Seth had the diary last and he was going to ask his mom something. The mother may I was in fact asking for her blessing for him to propose to Corin when she got back and this also gave him time to buy a ring. Sue was surprised as she was sure Jacob would be first to get married. But Seth was definitely a lot more mature now and he started working out so he started building muscle tone. Furthermore, he wanted and asked Rogue to age him so he looked 21; the same age as Corin was when she was chosen. He didn't want to look like a little kid anymore. Considering that he started to phase at such a young age meant he would technically never look old or much older. But with Rogue's help, she could change him slightly age wise so he at least felt comfortable in his own skin to ask the girl of his dreams to marry him.

            Through eyes full of tears, Sue gave her blessing and hugged her only son. She even said that she would go with him to pick out rings which Nessie, Leah, and Bella would also tag along with. Leah was very excited for her brother and didn't even wait until he asked to give her blessing; she just swept him up in a giant bear hug. So it looked like very soon, we would have yet another wedding on our hands. We didn't need to be rocket scientists to know Corin would say yes.

            Meanwhile, it being Halloween and all, we decided since last year we (or most of us rather) dressed up as Disney couples, that this year we would do something goofy. Also having less people inadvertently helped with the choosing of costumes. We decided or rather Alice decided for us to create a haunted house in the main house and everyone went all out. We decided it only made sense for our house to be the spookiest in the neighborhood. All photos are below. And our costumes were definitely in the realm of goofy.