Miserable

Dear Diary: December 5, 2014

It's been two weeks since Nessie's horrid experience in losing her unborn baby. She's been staying with Bella and Edward and severely depressed. The poor child has been miserable. Finally after not being able to look at her any longer, I had a long talk with Rogue, Bella, and Edward and we decided that it would make sense for the time being to put her on some anti-depressants. Because she was half human, her body would be able to absorb them diligently. I picked the one I thought would work best with her body and started her off on a medium dose to make sure she wouldn't have side effects. Her body started to respond positively to it after the first week.

It was a huge plus because she was getting up and actually eating as before she refused all but the minimal. She'd lost a lot of weight but the blood transfusions helped. She and Rogue also started having therapy sessions twice a week on a mountain not too far from the house. Though Rogue would never break confidence and tell us what she and Nessie spoke of, she did hint at the fact that Nessie was more upset at what the future held as opposed to this loss though as tragic as it was. It was the thought that when she and Jacob were finally ready to have children, they wouldn't be able to that was literally eating away at her.

And we all understood completely. Without even really knowing it, Daihok had illustrated the biggest weakness in their relationship; not being able to have children together. For now, she just wanted to get herself on track and start thinking what to do next. She wasn't ready to go back to Dartmouth and neither were Jacob, Seth, and Leah. The latter two had families too and school just wasn't a priority. Bella, Edward, Rose, and Emmett were finishing off year three. Though everyone took time off with this whole demon fiasco, they got caught up pretty quickly and their respective GPA's never suffered. One afternoon, when Rogue brought Nessie back from a therapy session, Nessie made a request that startled us all.

"Um, I was wondering if we could take a trip to the 'other side'." She said to many a raised eyebrow.

"Why do you want to go there, Ness?" Jacob asked.

"Well because I wanted to thank Cerberus in person for giving his blood to kill that monster who did that to us." She explained. Everyone looked at Rogue who shrugged.

"Sure, that's possible. Who wants to go and who is staying behind?" She asked everyone.

"I think Peter, Keith, Leah, Sava, Rose, Emmett, Alice, Jasper, and I will stay back here." Amy responded to the thoughts she read around her.

"Which means Seth, Kim, Michelle, Nessie, Jake, Bella, Edward, Carlisle, Esme, Alexander, Rogue, and I will go." Corin ticked everyone else off on her fingers as people nodded.

We split ourselves into two sections just as Rogue opened the portal and those in the second group, stepped through it into a brilliant light and were instantly transported into a forest. A huge cave was in front of us. We knew this cave well; it was the door to the Underworld. Hades appeared and smiled at us.

"Welcome my friends. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Nessie wanted to see Cerberus and thank him for his donation which helped kill Daihok." Rogue explained.

"Ah I see."

"Is he still whining or is he over it yet?" Corin asked with a small smirk on her face.

"Oh he's using his 'injury' to his full advantage don't worry. Who would have thought that a supernatural monster as old as earth itself would be such a.....what do you people call it? Drama queen!" Hades said rolling his eyes as we couldn't help but laugh.