Thoughts (Ronan's POV)

December 22, 2016

Dear Diary:

***Transcribed within this entry are Ronan's thoughts through his POV; thanks to Rogue's mind reading abilities. ~Carlisle Cullen***

This place is mystifying to me. After the Queen of the Watchers reassembled the sky, there was a tremendous roar nearby. I was standing with all of the others as I turned around and saw something I'd never imagined was possible. The dragon that had previously been very ill and incapacitated on the forest floor now rose up into the sky and instead of one head, it had nine! It took one look at me and all nine heads sent forth a blast of fire hotter than anything I could ever imagine. I would have been ash had the Queen not stepped in front of me and held her hand up. She put up an invisible shield of some sort that prevented the fire from harming me or anyone else.

"No, Hydra! It wasn't Ronan's fault for what happened to you, Cerberus, or the sky. He mustn't be harmed. Cease and desist!"

The Hydra as the dragon was called growled deep within one of its heads or maybe all and without looking at me or anyone else, took off toward the sea. I didn't realize that when it first arose, it blocked out the sun and the sky in general. It was larger than even my ships. It was like a small planet. This world continued to fascinate me. I was learning everything I could about it and those that called it home. I knew I could never go back to Kree or my own dimension for I was destroyed there. For some reason, I was brought here so I had to find out what that reason was. I hadn't noticed the Queen speaking with Aries, but then they focused on me and she spoke.

"Alright Ronan, we need to talk and try to figure out why you're here. So let's go back to Cupid's castle and do this there."

I nodded at her and she led the way with Aries as we walked back to the castle. When we got there, everyone gathered in a large room with a long table and a lot of chairs. I saw the one called Alexander, reach out to the Queen when she passed and briefly take her in his arms. The look that passed between them was unmistakable; they were in love and wed as I had noticed for the first time the rings on their fingers. I looked down and squeezed my eyes shut for a moment, remembering. When I opened them and raised my head, I saw that everyone was looking at me. That's when the Queen came forward and said softly:

"You lost someone you loved, didn't you?" I opened my mouth to deny it but no sound came out until....

"Why.....how did you know?" I finally whispered hoarsely and had to clear my throat.

"Your reaction to Carlisle and Esme a few days back, not answering Aries' question regarding love, and Alexander and my embrace just now. Please be honest, every little piece of information would help understanding why you're here." I sighed and started to recall the story as I paced back and forth looking at the floor.

"Years before the Guardians came; there was war between my planet and another. I am Kree and the other planet was Skrull. There was a people called the inhumans, they were royal and had special powers. They were being hunted by those from Skrull. They came to me when I was the leader of the Kree nation and asked for help. I agreed but on the condition that the inhuman princess Crystal married me. Though it was an arranged marriage, after time together and many wars, she grew to love me. I had loved her since our wedding day.

Prior to marrying me, she was with another inhuman and they had a daughter called Luna. But he went mad and she left him. A lot of different wars happened and Crystal stayed by my side until her sister who was the queen of the inhumans forced her to leave by kidnapping Luna. Crystal didn't want to leave me by then but she did so to get her daughter back. They disappeared without a trace and I hadn't known where they were.

It made me grow more and more angry and therefore I was ready to take over the whole galaxy but then the Guardians arrived and the rest you know. If it wasn't for Crystal's sister Medusa, I don't know how things would have looked today." I finished speaking just as Aries broke in.

"Wait a moment, did you say Medusa?"

"Yes, Medusa is the Queen of the Inhumans." I answered, wondering what he was getting at.

"What does she look like?" the Watcher Queen asked narrowing her eyes as she and Aries exchanged a look.

"Like a human but with red hair that moves around like it's made of snakes." I replied, more interested now.

"Well that's a fascinating twist. There's a Medusa here in Ancient Greece. She turns men to stone if anyone looks at her and has snakes for hair. She however has never traveled to another galaxy as far as we know." Aries said as my heart started beating faster.

Could it be? Could their Medusa and the one from my dimension be one and the same? Or someone similar; could Crystal and Luna be here? I was looking wildly from the Queen to Aries. My thoughts were careening all over the place.

"Rogue, is it possible? What are you thinking?" The vampire called Carlisle—who up until this point like the other non-Watchers had been quiet—asked.

"Well the legend of Medusa is that she was a virgin priestess to the goddess Athena but that one of the Greek Gods--most likely Zeus himself--had raped her right in the temple proper and Athena punished her by turning her into this monster with snakes for hair and banished her to an island far away from humanity but that men would travel to that island in attempt to vanquish her by cutting off her head and using that power to wield over the world. Obviously, no one has been able to do before she turned them to stone.

That said, she hasn't left her island in many millennia, but that doesn't mean that she wasn't able to practice some form of ritual to try and become human again. What could have happened and I got this from my ancient texts and a few science fiction movies along the way, is that Medusa during one of her many attempts to become human again might have somehow opened a portal to Ronan's world and created the inhuman version of herself but in that world."

I stared at Rogue, which is what everyone else called her so I might as well do the same. What she said sounded far-fetched but thinking about everything that had happened, anything was possible. I didn't know what to say or do, but Rogue being telepathic read my mind and said something that made my heart stop.

"The only way to truly find out the truth is to go seek out Medusa and see what is going on. I think this is why Ronan was brought here after his destruction in his world. Medusa did something that wasn't supposed to happen and in order to fix her creation; Ronan may just have another chance of reuniting with his one and only love."

To be continued.....

~Carlisle Cullen