Halloween

Dear Diary:                                                              October 30, 2013

So very glad that love triangle ended amicably. Now our family is concentrating on a bit of happier times; it's Halloween! We all have our costumes ready to go. All of the photos of absolutely everything are below and in the album. So as you know Halloween is a special time in our family because it not only makes for a fun day and night dressed up and looking strange, but it's also Rogue's birthday. Alice really wanted to plan and have a party but Rogue wanted things her way. So with Alice's help, she turned her and Alexander's home into a haunted house/haunted Halloween gathering.

On top of that, there was a Halloween party at the hospital so we decided to split the evening half and half. First go to the party at the hospital, then skip out early and celebrate Rogue's birthday at her place. Most of our costumes were based on fairy tales. The only ones that were not were Rogue and Alexander's (not surprisingly), Kim and Michelle, and Edward and Bella. John and Maria weren't in town but sent their well wishes from Europe. Neither were fond of Halloween so they took their leave beforehand.

I will tell you what our costumes were before Alice kills me. Esme and I went as Aladdin and Jasmin. Yes, I wore a turban and my wife showed her belly. Bet you didn't think she would ever go that risqué but after her soul searching journey she decided to have some fun. Alice and Jasper were dressed like Snow White and the Prince while Emmett and Rose were Tarzan and Jane. His physique helped fill out that costume nicely. The only thing he grumbled against was the wig, but Tarzan has long hair and Emmett....well.....doesn't; so really a no brainer there.

Next were Edward and Bella who went as Mr. Rochester and Jane Eyre. They really went all out to find the right period pieces. Nessie and Jacob were Belle and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast; fits perfectly, considering he's a wolf. Corin and Seth were Arial and Prince Eric (The Little Mermaid), Leah and Keith went as Pocahontas and John Smith because Leah really wanted to showcase her Native American heritage. Finally that left Kim and Michelle who dressed up as pirates, Amy and Peter who went as Cinderella and her prince, and last but not least Rogue and Alexander who went as Trinity and Neo from the Matrix. No way in hell was Rogue getting dressed up as some fairy tale princess especially on her birthday. It just wasn't her; she wasn't anyone's pretty pretty princess. I think she actually hates the color pink.

But I digress. As you also know, Halloween was the day Carrie was to be executed and that execution was carried out without incident. But I will talk about that toward the end. Ironically, Rogue was forbidden to be there by none other than her friend and former FBI partner Scott Kramer. He told her that she wasn't allowed into the building. He did that because he didn't want her to spend her birthday watching Carrie's execution. He said he'd take care of it and since her execution was to be carried out in the early evening anyways, he had plenty of time to be there. To make things more interesting, he actually dressed up as the grim reaper so the last thing Carrie would see as the needle was plunged into her arm was that. If that isn't metaphorically perfect, I don't know what is.

Moving onto more pleasant things, our family got dressed up and came downstairs for the drive to the hospital. We were all going in cars so we would be more human-like as opposed to phasing, flying, or running and then wearing our costumes and possibly losing pieces of them somewhere along the way. The hospital party was set for 6pm. Everyone was coming with their families. For once, all of the people I worked with directly weren't working on shift so they could enjoy the party completely. That meant that Betsy and her husband Bob, Charlotte, Ben plus baby Hope, and Bill Connolly with his wife Theresa would all be there.