Gone with the Wind (Alice's POV)

Dear Diary: May 30, 2013

So I kinda hijacked Carlisle's diary in order to explain this better to all of you. I adore Carlisle, but he sucks at celebration details! I finally put my and Jasper's vow renewal together! So obviously, I know you would want all of the amazing details. I have all the photos of everyone's clothes in the album with the link below. It was to die for. OMG, I can't wait to tell you all about it!

Neither Jasper nor I told anyone what we wanted to do and we asked Bella to shield our thoughts when Edward and the Watchers were around. Rogue and Alexander returned home to hugs and a huge welcome. So I was super excited to include the two of them in our master plan. What we decided to do was basically combine a classic movie and the time when Jasper was turned. In other words, Gone with the Wind meets Civil War head on! I took it upon myself to order all of the clothes for everyone. Because this was just a vow renewal and not an actual wedding, we didn't need any justice of the peace. However, Rogue volunteered to make it extra special for us. We of course had no idea what that meant, but she said it would be awesome.

For a few days before hand, we banned everyone from the backyard while we got the surroundings ready for reception and the ceremony itself. And then the day before the actual event, when the Denali clan plus Garrett had arrived, we gathered everyone—family, Denali, and all the Watchers—in our living room to give them their clothes and explain how things were going to go. This is how that conversation went:

"Thanks for coming everyone," I said grandly. I heard a few grumbles.

"Alice, will you tell us what's going on already?" Bella asked impatiently.

"Patience is virtue. OK, OK—don't look at me that way," I told my family, who seemed like they were ready to hang me from the rafters.

"Any day now Alice!" Edward grumbled.

"All right . . . sheesh! So as you know Jasper and I have been planning our vow renewal. And it's all complete now. We have a theme and everything," I exclaimed.

"Quelle surprise," Emmett muttered.

My, my, my family was grouchy today.

"Awww come on guys! Cut Aunt Alice some slack. This is a special time for her, even if she does love to go all out!" Nessie defended me.

I love her! The rest of the family grumbled their consent. The Watchers said nothing. I kind of wavered in my resolve to spring this concept on them, as they were so negative today. Jasper felt my hesitation and started to radiate peace. I could have kissed him. I knew he always had my back no matter what and would hamstring anyone who would try to ruin my special day . . . erm . . . I mean our special day. Edward heard my thoughts and his face softened.

"All right shorty, continue. We won't interrupt anymore," Jacob said with a wink.

"OK, where was I? Oh yeah, the vow renewal theme. So I was thinking that this time I want to make it special for both Jasper and I instead of just my own theme. So I have come up with Gone with the Wind. It's romantic and it took place during the Civil War, which is when Jasper was turned. I have already bought everyone's outfits and I thought that the Cullen/Denali men could dress like Confederate soldiers while Jasper will actually have his officer's uniform and have the Watcher/wolf men dress like Union soldiers, while the women all have different Scarlett O'Hara dresses. How does that sound?" I asked anxiously.

"Wow Alice. That actually sounds really cool. What kind of dress do I get?" Bella questioned. Wait. Did I hear that correctly? Bella actually was excited about trying on a dress?