Simply Green

Dear Diary:                                                                     June 30, 2013

          Most people think our lives got nice and quiet after the trial ended. Well most of our lives did yes. Not for Alice though. Literally the day after, she got a call from Tanya saying that Marcus had asked her to marry him and would she, Alice, come out and help her, Tanya, plan it. Alice of course squealed so loud I think you could hear her in Vermont! Of course, she took off like a bat out of hell. At first she thought of purchasing a plane ticket, then changed her mind and decided to run; finally Rogue solved the issue and said she'd fly her out as both she and Alexander wanted to go see Marcus.

          Marcus really wanted for Rogue to officiate it, so Rogue got an Alaskan license in order to perform the ceremony. They took off that same afternoon. We were all really happy and excited for Tanya and Marcus. Nessie suggested that Alice should start a wedding planning business. She wasn't far off there. I mean lord knew we had a whole chunk of them in the future and after Tanya and Marcus', there was going to be Charlotte and Ben's at some point. Not to mention the wolves and their imprints. But from what I gathered that was still a ways away and both Seth and Leah wanted to have their weddings in La Push. And Jacob and Nessie......well that one, Edward didn't even want to consider. I guess we'll just cross those bridges when we get there.

          Meanwhile, Alice was on fire planning the wedding in Alaska. What made things very easy is that both Tanya and Marcus wanted a very simple wedding. The theme was Simply Green (photos of everything are in the album and below). Tanya didn't want an engagement ring. Her jewelry was very simple and a wedding ring would suffice. Even her wedding dress was quite simple; it was silk and very form fitting with diamonds around the bust line and a short train. She didn't want a veil. Bridesmaids' dresses were green off the shoulder silk numbers that were knee length. The groomsmen outfits were just simple suits with green ties and white and green flowers in the lapels. Even the cake had a bit of green in it. The reason they chose what they did was because they were both simple people and they never wanted anything over the top.

          So in less time then we could have imagined, we were told to saddle up and come to Alaska for the wedding. The wolves were invited too. It was all very impromptu because they didn't want to make a big deal out of it. Best man was Alexander with Keith, Peter, and me being the groomsmen. I was honored to be asked. Maid of honor was Kate with Carmen, Esme, and Alice as bridesmaids. Nessie was the flower girl. She was very excited. Rogue was presiding. The actual ceremony was being held inside their gargantuan ballroom and reception outside in the backyard where lanterns were hanging from lines and from trees. Two long tables would house all the guests and the couple would sit at a special table in the front. All very simple yet elegant.

          Everything looked immaculate. Alice did another wonderful job. So those of us, who were just guests, took their seats as Edward sat behind the piano to play some soft Beethoven to everyone coming down the aisle. Nessie came first with white and green petals; Jacob couldn't get his eyes off of her. Marcus and Rogue stood at the arch in the front. Then came Alice and Peter followed by Esme and I, then Carmen and Keith and lastly Alexander and Kate. Then all of the guests stood up for Tanya as she came down the aisle. Her hair was up in a beautiful up-do with a lot of hair cascading down. It was similar to what she had for Bella and Edward's wedding but a lot more formal. Marcus' eyes got so wide, we thought they would pop out of his head. She came to stand in front of him and handed her bouquet to Kate. They held hands as Rogue began the ceremony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this event has been some millennia in the making and I'm proud to finally be officiating this day of bliss. The two people before me have come a long way to finding true love and even finding it twice. So please join hands and say the vows you have written to each other. Tanya would you read what you've written to Marcus?" Tanya nodded and then unfolded a piece of paper and began to speak: