Charlie Knows Everything

Dear Diary: May 13, 2013

It's a new week and we have all been relatively busy. Amy and Peter are on the last leg of their honeymoon and should be home tomorrow, I've been working long hours at the hospital, and the rest of the family have been doing all sorts of things. To tell you the truth, I have no idea what though. Esme has been teaching Michelle and Nessie. The school year is almost over and both girls couldn't be more thrilled for summer. I wonder what they will want to do for the summer.

The next day, we were all in our house. The Watchers had come over to hang out and I had the day off. The girls' lesson was over and they were lounging around watching some show on TV along with Alice and Corin; I think it's called Project Runway. Rosalie was sitting with Esme and reading the crocheting book that Alice had gotten Esme in Japan. Apparently, Rose wants to learn how to crochet so she can make some sweaters for Emmett. Jasper and Emmett were discussing something about the news; I think they were debating about Syria and North Korea. Edward was just lounging around on the couch with Bella who was reading a book. Alexander actually had a passion for drawing/painting and was doodling something in his art notebook with Seth, Jacob, and Leah looking on with interest. Every so often they would ask him to add something to the painting. Keith was sitting next to Leah and just rubbing her back. She would look at him every so often and blush. Only Rogue was missing from the picture of contentment. She was in the other room on the phone with some Watchers in Europe, getting an update on a few assignments.

Just then, Alice gasped and stared into space. Everyone automatically focused on her. Edward gasped as well. The rest of us just waited for an explanation. Jasper was by Alice's side in under a second. He put his hands on her shoulders and shook her slightly until she focused again on him. When she did, she looked concerned and unsure. Emmett was the one who spoke first:

"Will someone please tell us what is going on? I hate the suspense!"

Corin hopped up and put her fingers on her temples, seconds after that Rogue walked back into the room looking concerned. I remembered that Rogue told us the first day that she met us on that field that they were able to communicate through telepathy, so I figured Corin had called her into the room. Everyone crowded around Alice and were waiting for her to speak. Waiting for someone to say something. Alice glanced away from Jasper and looked straight at Bella and said:

"Charlie knows........everything."

Because we were so shocked by the news it didn't take long for Bella to utter:

"WHAT?? HOW?? Who told him?"

"Sue and Billy." Edward answered.

"But why? What's the point?" asked Rose.

Jacob, Leah, and Seth looked at each other. It was obvious that they weren't comfortable that their parents were mentioned. Especially when it came to exposure. Even with the Volturi gone, we still didn't want to be known by the humans around us. There were still rules and we were in a room full of Watchers.....one of whom in particular worried me; Rogue.

"Apparently, Billy had invited Charlie for a bonfire on the reservation and started telling stories. He and Sue had decided to tell Charlie everything. Oh now I see......" Alice said thoughtfully.

"What is it Alice?" I asked.

"The reason they finally decided to tell Charlie was because he and Billy were out hunting one day and Charlie took a shot which nearly hit a wolf. That wolf happened to be Embry. Billy was shaken by how close it was. So he sat down with Sue and they decided to tell Charlie everything. Well they wanted to tell him the whole wolf thing. It was Charlie himself that started asking about vampires." Alice mused.