Formulate A Plan

Dear Diary: January 22, 2014

So here's what we had; Jessica was in our living room under the watch of well pretty much everyone and Mike was tied up with barbed wire in Alaska guarded by the Denali's with Kate's zapper on max. Mike was now a vampire turned by some mysterious woman who wouldn't give him her name but knew about Alice's gift somehow as well as our very existence. After racking our brain for 24 hours about whom she could possibly be, we've come up with nothing. Nevertheless, we needed to formulate a plan of action. Obviously someone was trying to get to us. We just didn't know the who, what, when, where, how, or why. Talk about being left in the dark. Finally I stood up; we had to start somewhere and with someone. That someone was Mike.

"Alright well sitting around will not give us anything. We need to figure out what's going on and for that we need to travel to Alaska and speak with Mike." I said.

"What about her?" Rose nodded toward Jessica who was still sitting in the chair we originally put her in.

"No, Jessica will stay here. This means we will have to split up and we'll need Rogue and the others."

At the mention of her name; Rogue, Amy, and Corin materialized in our living room, making Jessica nearly fall off her chair. We were by now used to their sudden appearances and the fact that they did appear so suddenly meant they were either nearby just in case or just read our thoughts from their cabins and houses. Lord knows, their telepathic capabilities way outstretched even Edward's mind reading as far as distance was concerned. Before I continued with my idea, Edward looked at me—having read my mind already—and nodded.

"I like your plan, Carlisle." He said. I smiled while the rest of the family just waited patiently for me to explain what was going through my head. The three Watchers in our living room also had read my mind but didn't say a word. Maybe Charlie was right, having so many mind readers in one place was in fact kind of creepy and this wasn't even all of them. Rogue after reading that part smiled and winked at me as I shook my head to clear it and continue.

"So here's what I'm thinking of doing. Clearly there are a lot of holes in this story and not just the ones in Alice's vision; through no fault of her own of course. We need to do a few things. For starters, I will need Edward, Bella, Emmett, Jasper, and Alice to come with me to Alaska as well as Rogue and Amy in a non-corporeal state if possible as a backup just in case something out of our physical control happens. Are the rest of you alright with staying behind and watching Jessica?" I said with my eyebrows coming together as I flew through my plan in my head before laying it on my family so they would actually understand.

"Yes we're more than fine staying behind to watch Jessica. Besides, we have Corin, the rest of the Watchers, plus Peter, Seth, and Leah." Esme said confidently. They were beyond covered here.

"And what am I, chopped liver?" Jacob said as he came through the front door. Nessie was still in the woods with Leah and Seth as well as Alexander and the others. Bella shook her head.

"No Jake of course not. But we need you to take care of Nessie while we're gone. I highly doubt any fighting will happen here but in case there is, you are more than prepared."

"What about her? What if she tries to escape?" Jacob nodded at Jessica with a scowl on his face.

"I doubt she will but on the off chance she would, we'll just have Leah and Seth stationed outside. Just please, when you do phase, all three of you; can you please not do it in my living room? I really love the furniture." Esme said with an almost painful expression on her face. We all had to smile at that. Jacob walked over and hugged Esme.