Soap Opera

Dear Diary:                                                                 October 25, 2013

          I've been hiding out in the hospital to avoid the unfolding soap opera in my house. Last I wrote, Nessie and Nahuel had gotten particularly......erm......close. When they got back from there walk, both were blushing. It was obvious something had happened between the two and Nessie was wearing a new bracelet she didn't have before. We wanted to keep as much of it a secret as possible but somehow through our immortal grapevine, Seth found out and called Jacob. That was a scream heard around the world!

          Jacob couldn't leave his father right away as his plane ticket was purchased for the following day, but he was deciding to just ditch the ticket, phase, and run cross country. Which he ended up doing. His father had sent him on his way as he had gotten better and he had Sue and Charlie to take care of him. I don't think Jacob had ever run faster in his life. I felt bad for him but knew this love triangle was to be figured out between him, Nessie, and Nahuel. The only thing we had to stop from happening was any outright fighting.

          Bella and Edward had sat Nessie down after that to talk to her. They wanted to know what her thought process was. No one wanted to blame her because after all, even though she loved Jacob and was his imprint, she was allowed to find other men attractive and even kiss them. Edward wasn't a huge fan of the kissing part but there was not much he could do. As previously explained, Jacob didn't own Nessie. She could still choose to be with someone else. She didn't want to hurt Jacob but she wanted to be able to choose the right way not because she was pressured to do so. Both Bella and Edward weren't having it any other way. This was going to be Nessie's choice and hers alone.

          By the time Jacob arrived in our backyard, Nahuel and Nessie were talking and sitting very close together. When they saw Jacob, they both jumped up. Nahuel looked uncomfortable but composed, while Nessie was nervous. Jacob though, was livid. He growled menacingly and took a few steps toward Nahuel, who—I had to hand it to him—stood his ground and didn't back away. The rest of us were by then outside and were ready to intervene if Jacob did anything stupid. It was Nessie though who got between the two of them with her arms outstretched.

"Ok, now stop it you two!" She said sternly. Jacob growled again. Nahuel didn't say a word but looked pretty fierce himself.
"Jake why don't you go and phase back so we can actually talk! Not all of us speak wolf." Nessie said looking pointedly at Jake who after a split hesitation flew into the woods only to immerge a few moments later:

"What the hell do you think you're doing??? I leave for one week and someone comes and tries to steal my imprint from me??" Jacob yelled at Nahuel; they were only inches apart as Nessie fought to get between them.
"I'm not trying to steal anyone from you, Jacob. I have feelings for Nessie and clearly she has feelings for me too." Nahuel said calmly.
"She's MINE! Do you even understand what imprinting means? Do you give a shit? And what the hell is that on her wrist??" Jacob screeched.
"Whoa, Jake.....back up. You don't own me. No one does. I make my own decisions. And that includes who I want to date, kiss, etc. And that's a bracelet Nahuel made for me." Nessie said crossing her arms over her chest; Jacob's eyes meanwhile were all but bugging out of his head.
"Y-You mean.......you are actually.......con-considering being with this....this....hybrid?????" Jacob was so stunned and livid that he started to stutter.
"Hey, I'm a hybrid too remember?" Nessie said.
"Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with being a hybrid." Nahuel added.
"SHUT UP!! NO ONE WAS TALKING TO YOU!!!"

          As Jacob yelled and started shaking, both Nessie and Nahuel took a step back knowing full well that he didn't have any control of himself and could phase without warning. Everyone remembered what happened to Emily when Sam had done the same and no one needed Nessie or Nahuel that badly injured. Edward stood in front of Nessie to shield her while Seth took a position in front of Jacob. Both Seth and Edward looked at each other shaking their heads. 'One Life to Live' paled in comparison to our own soap opera in the backyard. Finally, when Jacob was stable enough in the head to stop shaking both Seth and Edward stepped away in order for the three to face off again.