Loyalty

"I don't care what Dumbledore said - we're going to find her!" Harry declared. 

Ron and Ginny warily watched Harry as he waved his wand around and it emitted sparks.

"Can 6th year wizards to accidental magic?" Ron whispered to his sister.

"What do you think he's doing, Ronnikins?" Ginny pinched him. 

"Ow!" Ron rubbed his arm in annoyance. "You were only even deemed important enough to tell because we knew Harry couldn't keep his big mouth shut, so you don't really get to have an op - "

"I'm her best friend!" Ginny cried out, outraged. "And right now, I'm being a - " 

"Merlin!" Harry yelped. 

A small fire had started in the middle of the table, and was now eating up Harry's Transfiguration notes. Ginny doused the fire with a quick spell. 

"Harry, the prophecy was clear, they need to fall in love - no matter how repulsive that is." Ginny soothed him. "We just have to - "

"She'll never do that," Harry clenched his jaw. "Never. If he hurts her, I'll kill him. I'll Avada him to the ends of the Earth!" Harry started to rant again with renewed vigor.

Ron looked up for a second. "I wish she was here with us. I was going to ask her out on the next Hogsmeade trip," he sighed, then looked wistfully at a Muggle photo of the trio. 

"That's all you care about? That you won't have a Hogsmeade date?" Harry asked in disbelief, momentarily forgetting his panic. 

"Merlin, Ron," Ginny sighed. "That's horrible."

Ron looked up, surprised. "What? I guess, but I'll just ask Lavender instead."

"Bloody Merlin," Harry glared at Ron. "Don't be such a bloody idiot. She's missing."

"And Lavender's not," Ron shot back.

Ginny rose up and smacked Ron's head. She walked over to Harry and put a reassuring hand on his arm. 

"We'll find her," Ginny murmured. "Of course we will."

"I wonder how Malfoy's parents are coping," Ron said. 

"Bet they're crying for their little prince," Harry clenched his teeth. 

Dumbledore's Office 

"He is our son! We can't just keep him there and until he falls in love with the Mudblood!" Narcissa screamed, throwing a vase at a portrait. The portrait screamed and ducked. 

Lucius Malfoy hadn't even come, putting it down to money issues. But as everyone knew, Malfoy's didn't have money problems, so it was quite obvious that Lucius simply didn't want to come.

"Please do not use that word in my office. Mrs. Malfoy, the prophecy was clear, he - " Dumbledore tried to sooth the hysteric lady, but to no avail.

"No! I will not bow down to such an idiotic thing!"

"Our honored Professor and Prophetess, Sibyll - "

"That bloody idiot couldn't recite a prophecy if someone wrote it down for her and gave it to her!" Narcissa screamed, kicking over a precariously perched vase. 

Crash!

"Mrs. Malfoy, if you would just - "

"I will find a way, and you can't stop me!" Narcissa marched out, but not before sending another vase at the portraits. 

Gryffindor Common Room 

"How is he covering up their disappearances?" Ginny asked, trying to get Harry's mind off plunging into the past for Hermione. 

"Apparently, he's saying that they got into an accident because of a wrong incantation, accidentally Apparated to Africa, and are now at St. Mungos." Harry rolled his eyes darkly.

"Splinched?" Ginny asked, to which Harry nodded. 

"Dumbledore also said that the memories of them, as in them in the past, will come back later on, and then any changes made to the past sometime after," Harry said. "So we don't even kow what's happening."  

"Where in the past was she sent? How do they even know?" Ginny paced. "Maybe she was really just sent to Africa, and we just don't know."

"Dumbledore recognized the smoke, somehow," Harry said. "But being an exceptionally wise wizard doesn't help when your friends are stuck in time."

 "We have present things happening," Ron said. "Never mind her - "

"Never mind?!" Ginny screeched. "Ronald, she's stuck in the past with someone who hates her guts! And she's our best friend!"

 "You Know Who will wage war soon!" Ron argued. "What do we do?" 

"Nothing," Harry said miserably. 

"What do you mean, nothing?" Ginny asked dangerously.

"The Horcruxes are protected by strong blood magic," Harry tiredly whispered. "If we can't find a relation of Voldemort's, we can never access them. And we all know Voldemort doesn't do family."

"So that means - " Ginny's eyes widened. 

 "If Hermione and Ferret can't change the past, there is no way we can win this war," Ron completed. 

"Even if there was a way to get them back from the past, it would be stupid to retrieve them, because they're now the only chance to win this war," Harry gloomily said. 

The entire Wizarding World was depending entirely on two teenagers who had no idea what was going on. 

True

True.

Hope you enjoyed!

Eliza 🙊