Angels

Hermione's POV 

Hermione was stressed. 

Okay, maybe stressed wasn't the word. 

More like terrified. 

Not only would they be breaking the law, they might uncover something that was illegal, and bigger than any of them had imagined. 

But strangely enough, she was ready for it. 

The old her, the one in this time period, would never have even considered it. They were growing up in an environment that was too safe; they would never be exposed to danger, a completely parallel to her first time period. 

But after trying to defeat Voldemort for five years, then being thrown back in time and trying to defeat him again, then succeeding, then being... reborn, or whatever, Hermione had come to terms with the situation. 

Merlin. 

Couldn't she ever take a break? 

Harry had just been sent out of Potions for being disruptive, which was all apart of the plan. 

Hermione glanced discreetly at Draco, trying to remind him about the plan. 

Draco...

SHUT UP, HERMIONE!

She couldn't afford to be distracted. She saw Harry's familiar mop of dark, messy hair show up in the tiny window that offered them a glance into Snape's office. 

She flashed him a thumbs up and then, taking a deep breath, stood up. 

Apparently, though, she wasn't the only one who had noticed Harry in the window. 

"Oi!" Andrei, a boy who was never there for classes, piped up. "Isn't that Harry in the wind - "

Hermione started to make a choking noise, causing everyone to stare at her. 

"Mouse...  In.... Throat," Hermione gasped, pretending to choke. 

"Ms. Granger - " Snape was about to admonish her, but Hermione saw Harry disappear from the window, and quickly stopped.

"Sorry!" Hermione smiled angelically at Snape. 

Snape looked down at her, his eyes dangerous, and Hermione remembered the young Snape, and how he kept their secret, no matter how perplexing it was, out of his love for Lily. 

"I really am sorry, Professor," Hermione said with actual compassion. 

My friend was just stealing some Polyjuice from your office, so I needed to distract you. 

Snape's jaw tightened. "Call Mr. Potter back in."

Hermione tensed up. They weren't prepared for that. 

"I'm here," Harry walked in calmly, though the pocket of his robe was bulging rather suspiciously. 

Snape eyed him resentfully, but they were so used to this that they didn't mind. 

Or, they used to be.

Harry suddenly slowed his walk, probably remembering about the memory they had shared about his love for his mother. 

"Gross," Harry muttered. 

"Excuse me?" Snape's eyes glinted. 

"Nothing."

oOo

Hermione's POV 

"Oh, finally!" Hermione squealed, dragging them to the common room. "This is actually more exciting than terrifying."