War

There was a second of silence. 

"Merlin," Hermione cried out, struggling to hold herself upright. "How did we not see this coming?"

"We need to get Aurora out right now," Draco shouted, pushing Aurora behind a bookcase. "The Ministry will kill her."

"The Ministry will kill all the Muggles in the castle!" Hermione argued, grabbing Aurora's hand. "We need to protect them!" 

"We have to finish the potion," Draco whispered. "Right now."

"How!?" Hermione pointed her wand at the door, her hand shaking ever so slightly. "It won't be ready until - " she checked her watch - "at least fifteen hours from now! We don't have an hour!"

"We'll make it work!" Draco caught hold of both Aurora's and Hermione's hand. "If the Ministry has stormed the castle, then the defenses are down. I'll Apparate us to the Room."

"Draco," Hermione hissed, tugging her hand away from his. "Are you crazy? We don't how to Apparate! In all of the time periods, we've never made it to seventeen!"

"Hold on," Aurora looked like she was going to throw up. "Time periods? Plural?"

"That doesn't matter," Draco dismissed her, grabbing Hermione's hand again. "I have to try! We have no time to waste."

"And getting Splinched somehow helps us?!" Hermione shot back. 

Draco made no comment, but closed his eyes and concentrated hard. Three seconds passed. 

"Drac - "

Pop!

Suddenly, the trio was in the Room of Requirement, breathless and shaken. The potion was bubbling merrily on a fire. 

Aurora, who was close to puking before, retched and ran to a corner. Thankfully, the Room seemed to know what she needed a split second before, and she threw up into an intricately decorated pot. 

"What - " she gasped, " - was that?"

Draco's eyes widened as Aurora faced them, wiping her mouth, her eyes terrified. All three of them still had their body parts, but Aurora's left eyebrow... 

Hermione glared at Draco, and gestured to herself, indicating that Aurora's left eyebrow wasn't the only thing had been left behind. The entire bottom of Hermione's jeans were ripped off, leaving her with something that resembled a pair of Muggle shorts. 

Draco opened his mouth to defend himself, then decided he was better off without Hermione yelling at him more, or Aurora realizing her eyebrow was gone. 

"We need to speed up the process," Draco unsteadily made his way to the potion. "The Hogwarts students must already be affected. Since we both avoided one cupcake, I think we have time before the pill kicks in."

"And what happens if we can't heal ourselves fast enough, and we turn on Aurora," Hermione asked, her voice shaking. 

Draco shook his head. 

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" Aurora cried, desperately trying to hold back tears. "The Ministry is attacking people like me?"

"You're magical," Hermione soothed her. "They won't catch you yet."

"And what's this about Vold - "

"Don't say it!" Draco and Hermione yelped at the same time. 

"Who cares?" Aurora demanded. "I mean, everyone's going to die anyways, right? I want to know who my grandfather is before I die!"