Mistakes

Oh my gods! 1K! Thank you soooooo much!!!!! Now I feel super guilty for not updating...I'll do better!

Update: 2.8K *Screams* I swear I'm doing so much better with updating!

Update: 90KKKKKKKKKKKKKK I HAVE AN UPDATING SCHEDULE WOOT (EVERY FRIDAY)

In the past

5 Chocolate Frog.

This was delivered to Hermione and Draco via a clueless first year. It was vague, but Hermione knew at once what the letter meant. 

They rushed up at once to see what the Order was going to say. They had missed most of the other meetings due to lessons, but it must be important if Dumbledore had sent a letter.

"Chocolate Frog," Hermione said clearly. Draco squeezed her hand in reassurance.

The sight that met their eyes was almost enough to bring Hermione to tears. Mad Eye, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, Emmeline Vance, and a few more. 

"Hermione, Draco. We'd like to hear your story," the headmaster said.

Hermione gave the whole summary with only a few stammers under the gaze of so many people.

"Amazing..." Mad Eye muttered, then glared at Draco who had started to sit on a chair. "Constant vigilance!" he barked out.

Draco jumped up.

"I would've asked Ms. Evans and Mr. Potter and the rest to join, but considering the circumstances - well..." Dumbledore trailed off.

"We  gathered because we learned that Voldermort's forces are going to attack today, yay. There was a spy, reporting everything directly. His name was... Paul Pullen? Or something." Emmeline said, looking bored.

"Peter Pettigrew?" Both Hermione and Draco screamed at the same time, with matching expessions of disbelief.

Hermione put her face in her hands. She shouldn't have ignored him! She should've helped him out, made him rethink his dark path. Or... maybe done something else, like, hindered his progress. She hadn't realized that Peter had been a traitor so early on. And now the war - the war - 

Draco was full of anger. He hated traitors. "Well, what are we doing? We've got to get the younger students out! We have to prep our borders and and - and - and" Draco protested, desperately fishing out his wand. 

"Let's go! In groups - Fabian, Gideon and Mad Eye, Emmeline and Dumbles, oh shoot, I meant Headmaster Dumbledore, and Draco and I!" Hermione screamed, waving her wand aimlessly. 

"We've already come to a decision. We keep everyone here - Hogwarts is the safest place on earth - why would we move them?" Emmeline examined her nails. 

"Don't lecture me about a war; you didn't fight in it!" Hermione screamed. 

Draco was about to join in until he realized that Hermione had quite a lot of colorful words to say. He sat back and decided to enjoy this. 

The Order was in for quite a scene.

oOo

The Hogwarts students in the past didn't have time to take precautions like the ones in future had. Even though Hermione had tried get the Order to spread the word faster, the process was still very slow. Students looked like they were running in slow motion, while teachers were of no help at all. It was quite obvious that Hogwarts didn't have any war protocols in place. 

Instead, they watched in horror as many of Voldemort's cronies and army came up to the castle, malicious grins decorating their ugly faces. The teachers ran around, trying to usher smaller kids to Portkeys and the older ones readying their wands.