Eclipse

This is a new chapter, yes, but this is in the middle of the book, not a continuation!

In the Past

Draco's POV

It was a full moon night. 

And no one knew what was about to happen. 

"We cannot let Remus do this on his own." James told everyone who was assembled in the common room. True to James's word, Lily was his 'friend' and she stood awkwardly to the side like everyone else. She had, like Hermione, figured out Remus's condition a long time ago.

She had stormed up to the Marauders and quietly demanded to tell them how they all sneaked out with him, and Peter had been forced to tell her. 

"I talked to Andy Finnigan about it. He said he was sleeping in the empty bed in his dorm." Peter piped up, looking proud of himself.

"We know he can't forgive himself, but how about we sneak down to the Whomping Willow and find him?" Draco suggested.

"Good idea! Wait... we? Do you, er, want to come?" James stuttered.

"Yeah, I mean, if you'll allow it." Draco tried to be causal, but he really just wanted to be there for Remus. He was a jerk to Professor Lupin; maybe he could make it up by being kind to Remus. 

"Sure, sure." James waved him off distractedly.

Sirius looked up at all of them. "Well, I'm not coming. And 'Mione can't come. It'll be too much for a furry little kitty," Sirius cooed, petting Hermione's head. Hermione laughed, but she glanced at Sirius worriedly. 

"Why do you even call her that?" Draco asked, his calm demeanor suddenly melting away. 

"Whoa, mate, calm down. I wouldn't steal - " Sirius stopped, then just shook his head. "Just chill. Not doing anything." 

"Well, don't try." Draco told him hotly, still unsure where this was coming from. 

"Aww, Draco, are you jealous?" Hermione teased, poking him in the side. 

"No." He muttered, turning away. 

Hermione laughed and Draco scowled.

James looked worriedly at Sirius. "Sirius, are you s - " 

Lily sat up. "I swear to Merlin, Sirius, we ne - " 

Sirius stood up abruptly. "You guys are making too big of a deal out of this. Remus and I were just a fling. I just don't want to come tonight. Whatever." Then he looked directly at Lily. "Just because you have James fooled - " 

Lily looked about ready to cry, but she just turned away. Sirius stopped his sentence and just stormed back upstairs. 

Hermione gazed at the scene sadly. What had happened to the Marauders in such a short time? It was all her fault. If Harry wasn't born because of this - no. She couldn't let herself think about that. 

James was staring at Sirius' empty spot desolately, so Peter quickly started to talk. "So, at about 10:00, we sneak down with the Invisibility - " Peter stopped and sighed. "You guys don't know about it, do you?" 

Hermione obediently shook her head, biting back a bittersweet memory and a smile. 

Draco and Lily stared, confused.

"It... er, makes you invisible? And it's, like, handed down through generations for my family. Don't think they wanted me to use it for this, though," James smiled - and it was almost real.

"Oh, wow," Hermione said, looking sufficiently amazed.

Draco whistled under his breath.

Lily covered her mouth.