Horcrux

Surprisingly enough, Hermione didn't fall apart. 

Instead, she calmly walked up to him, and right in the middle of the war, slapped him.

"What the - "

"Bloody Merlin, Draco," she said very softly. 

"Why - ?"

"Just shut the bloody Merlin up," Hermione snapped, her anger at everyone - the war, Voldemort, Umbridge, the Ministry, Fate - everyone surfacing. "We have a Horcrux to find."

oOo

Harry's POV 

"Any - idea - where - what - we're looking - for?" Ginny panted, running alongside Harry. She had just dropped of some of the creepy vial of bloody human blood that Hermione had given her to Neville, because Hermione had a hunch that he would need it. Now, they were on the fifth floor, trying not to die and also keep out an eye for any rooms with Horcruxes in it.  

"The room?" Harry huffed out, looking wildly around him. 

Ginny sighed. "Yes, but what room?" 

Harry skidded to a halt, his face lighting up. "The Room Of Requirement, of course!"

"I can almost hear Hermione shaking her head," Ginny face-palmed. "What are we waiting for?"

The duo raced towards the seventh floor, avoiding the war as much as they could. Once or twice, they heard the cry of an innocent student, and tried to save them, but there was little they could do in such a grand war. 

"There!" Ginny cried, spotting the un-extraordinary, plain wall just ahead of them. Miraculously still alive, the two limped towards the door, crossing it three times to reveal a grand door. 

"Go," Harry hissed, pulling Ginny in. 

They shut the door behind them, closing them off from the war raging outside. They turned to face the room and caught their breath. 

"Merlin," Ginny swore, her eyes widening as she took in the sight of the room. 

The room was filled to the brim with diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and any other precious stone they could imagine. Piles of glittering stones sat regally everywhere, and piles that could easily make a poor man rich. Ginny took a step towards one pile as if she were in a trance, but Harry immediately pulled her back. 

"Don't touch any of them," he advised in a low voice. "I have a bad feeling about them."

"Harry, they're just gems," Ginny shot back. "You know how much my family would earn from this?"

"Ginny, don't," Harry said again. "We find the diadem and get out of here."

Ginny scoffed and, before Harry could jolt her into her senses, pocketed an especially bright diamond. 

"See?" Ginny turned back to look at him. "Perfectly f - "

Suddenly, she fell the the ground convulsing, an unseen force ripping out screams from her throat. 

"Ginny!" Harry cried, dropping down next to her. He pried the stone from her hands and threw it as far as he could. It landed with a loud, hard thunk a few feet away from them.

Ginny's screams faded. The rest of the room was dead silent. 

"Gin?" Harry leaned in closer to her. "Are you okay?"

"Find the diadem and get out of here," Ginny whispered, her voice raspy from her screams. "Fast."

Harry nodded, getting to his feet and surveying the room. "Accio diadem!" he called.