Aurora

Hermione's POV

"Places!" Umbridge called. "Oh, places, places! Remember, act like grateful, Muggle kids who have no inkling of what Hogwarts actually is!" 

She stopped in front of Hermione. "Do you know your lines?"

"Welcome to Hogwarts! The most studious and beautiful Dolores Umbridge founded this historic section recently, and invited students to help restore it, being the generous soul she is. We hope you enjoy the tour around this wonderful castle!" Hermione recited her lines, putting on an extra fake smile. 

"Good, good!" Umbridge trotted down the lines, her face layered with makeup. 

"This is stupid," Draco whispered. "We could be saving the world. We could be doing that counterspell." 

"It's fun," Hermione suggested uncertainly. "A break."

"But why?" Ginny hissed. "Why now? What could a corrupt Ministry possibly have to gain by hoarding in a bunch of Muggles?"

"Shh!" Umbridge shushed them. "The gates are opening in three - two - one!" 

Ginny rolled her eyes and ran to her position as a tour guide. 

Hermione and Draco rushed forward to greet the Muggles and guide them to the appropriate sight-seeing spots. 

"Hello! Please come in," Hermione ushered in a young couple who smiled widely at her. 

"Do step right in," Draco said, bored. "History and some other things right this way."

After about twenty minutes of keeping fake smiles and controlling the crowd, Umbridge motioned for the gates to shut. 

A lone girl with purple hair rushed in at the very last second. She looked frazzled, and she seemed lost. 

"Can I help you?" Hermione politely asked her. She couldn't be more than sixteen or fifteen. 

"I came here with my orphanage," the girl trailed off. 

"I can find them,' Draco offered. 

"No!" She yelped. "I mean, well, I'd rather tour the castle on my own."

Draco and Hermione shared a glance. Letting her go alone, without any proper tour guide, could be very dangerous. If the girl somehow uncovered the secrets of Hogwarts...

"We'll give you a personal tour," Hermione offered brightly, ignoring Draco's desperate glance. 

"Oh, you don't have to," she smiled. 

"We'd like to," Hermione firmly said. "What's your name?"

"Aurora," the girl extended her hand. "Aurora Collins." 

"Collins?" Hermione enquired, shaking her hand. "That's American, right?"

"My grandfather was British, and my grandmother was American - Collins is her last name. My mother never married, and she had me, so I suppose she decided to call me by her last name."

"What about your grandfather?" Draco asked, intrigued, oblivious to Hermione pinching him.

"Never knew him," the girl shrugged. "But neither did my mother, really."

"Well, we're sorry to hear that," Hermione took charge once again. "I'm Hermione, and he's Draco. What brings you here?"

"An orphanage choir trip. Our director figured it was too expensive to go to the actual attractions, so he took us here," Aurora smiled ruefully. "Nice of you to offer it for free."