Fear

"What a mess," Hermione groaned, shutting the book she was holding. "We know the ingredients, but where in the bloody name of Merlin do we get it from?" 

Harry pored over the lemon juice paper. "Bezoar... unicorn horn - we can steal most of them from a professor - "

Hermione shot him a scandalized look. 

" - for the greater good, obviously. The rest... well, it's Dark Magic. I don't know where to get it from," Harry said.

Almost reflexively, he turned to Draco, who was glaring down at his own spells book. 

"Yeah," he sighed. "I know a place in Knockturn Alley."

"But how do we get there?" Hermione asked, playing with the pages of the book. 

"Cloak, Animagi," Draco said. "In the night."

"Our night excursions don't tend to work out very well, do they?" Hermione shuddered, remembering the fateful night in the Ministry. 

"Will it even be open?" 

"Definitely," Draco sagely nodded. "Their best business happens in the night."

A brief, uncomfortable silence followed that sentence. 

"Tonight?" Hermione hesitantly said. 

Harry and Draco mutely nodded. 

"Merlin."

oOo

Draco's POV

"Bloody - this was a bad idea," Harry whispered to the white cat. "We're going to get caught. Not by teachers. By the Ministry or something."

The cat's only response was a gentle meow. 

The white fox right next to them gave Harry a look that was almost mocking. 

Harry shook his head. "I get you guys feel safer because no one can recognize you, but one pull of my cloak and - "

He was cut off by a loud meow, and the cat glaring at him to be quiet. 

Five minutes later, they were hidden in a pool of darkness in Knockturn Alley.

Knockturn Alley looked the same as it had in the past... in the future... and every other time they had been there. 

"Alright, everyone, hold still," Hermione whipped out her wand. 

"Mia, what are you doing?" Draco asked as she held her wand to Harry's forehead. 

Hermione soundlessly casted a spell that changed Harry's hair color to red, and his eyes to black. His scar faded away and his skin smoothened out. 

Hermione silently moved to Draco and changed his appearance, before changing hers. 

"This is weird," Harry murmured. "I have a bad feeling about this."

Hermione glanced at him. "I hope you're wrong."

"Don't worry," Draco stepped out of the shadows. "I've been here loads of times. It's safe."

"You've been here as a Slytherin," Harry stressed. "Involved in Dark Arts, with your parents."

Hermione let out a slight oh noise. "Right. Slytherin. That's it." She tapped their robes until their ties were green and silver. 

Draco winced. Years ago, in a life that might've been, he would never have despaired to see the familiar green and silver colors on his robes.