Confessions

Draco's POV 

"Well, we need to figure out what to do, right?" Hermione stressed, pacing in front of them in the common room. 

"There's obviously something way wrong in our time period, they wiped our memories of the war and all, without telling anyone," Draco pointed out. "But we can't exactly show them our memories and tell them about the whole time traveling thing and - "

"Anyways, why would they care?" Harry interrupted. "They're probably only doing this so that if we don't have any memories of the war, then we won't want to start another."

"The war is there to help us learn from our mistakes!" Hermione argued. "If everyone knew about the bloodshed and misery it caused, no one would do it!"

Draco sighed, flopping down on a couch. "What do you suppose we should do then?"

"The Ministry is corrupt," Hermione suddenly said.

"Well, yeah, they're brainwashing us, but - " Draco started to say. 

"No, something is really wrong," Hermione insisted. "Something else."

"How do you know?" Harry questioned, sitting down next to Draco. 

"Umbridge definitely has ulterior motives. She wouldn't do this for the good of the world," Hermione explained. 

"We should sneak into the Ministry!" Harry excitedly said. 

"No!" Hermione yelped. "That's a horrible idea. We could be killed, or worse, expelled!"

Draco, however, was thinking over it. They were going to all die or whatever anyways, so why not go in style; breaking into the Ministry?

"Great idea," Draco decided. Hermione shot him a horrified look. 

"How, though? They won't let three random kids in!" Hermione's voice shot up an octave. 

"Ron?" Harry suggested. "His dad works in the Ministry."

"I know," Hermione and Draco simultaneously said. 

"Ah," Harry sighed. "Time travel... stuff. But yeah, we could ask him for a 'field trip'?"

"He'd never let us sneak away," Draco pointed out. "And Ron would have to come with us."

Hermione shot him an annoyed look. "Don't be mean. He's our friend."

"Actually, no, he doesn't like either of you in this period," Harry spoke up.

Hermione blew out a frustrated breath. "Okay, what about - " She brightened. "Second year, Harry!" 

Harry was at loss. "I can't remember all of your memories."

"It's technically yours too, but whatever," Draco tried to ignore the rude look Harry sent at him. 

"Polyjuice Potion! We used it to become Crabbe and Goyle; well, you and Ron did, I was a cat, and then we went to talk to Draco and find out about Voldemort! But now we can use it to become Ministry officials!" Hermione said, all in a big rush. 

Draco frowned. "Wait. You mean to say you were - "

"Brilliant!" Harry grinned. "And I happen to know that Snape keeps a fresh batch in his office, in the third cupboard from the left. I'll get it now!"

Hermione quickly pulled him back. "Are you mad? It's the middle of the night on Thursday! Steal it tomorrow, then we can sneak off and knock out an official and get in."

Draco looked impressed. "You've become kind of a rebel, Mia."

Hermione looked down, blushing, which made Harry glare at him even harder. What was his problem?