The Recipe

Hermione's POV 

"We need to do something, we need to do something, we need to do something, we need - "

"Mia!" Draco interrupted. "We will do something. But you need to calm down."

"Calm down?" Hermione shrieked. "Calm down? My parents are Muggles!" 

After Henry had threatened Aurora, the teachers had immediately broken them up, leading Henry and Aurora away, and making sure to warn the students not to talk about the incident. 

Hermione could barely sleep that night, with all of the fear and anticipation surrounding her.

Now the trio was in the common room, making their way down to breakfast, discussing last night's events.

"We'll figure it out, 'Mione," Harry spoke up. "What's the plan?"

"There's no way we can do something now," Hermione helplessly said. "The entire plan is too subtle and big for any one event to stop it. I suppose we could always try and fight our way - "

"Through the entire school?" Harry asked. 

Hermione sighed. "Exactly, there's no way it'll work."

They sat down in their regular spot at the Gryffindor table. The owl post was arriving just then. 

Hermione half-heartedly took a piece of toast and started slathering jam and butter on it without looking. 

"What if we - "

Hermione was cut off by a large owl hooting and dropping a letter in her lap. 

"It's from your mom," Hermione hissed to Harry. 

Bathroom, Draco mouths. 

Girl's or boy's? Harry mouths back. 

Hermione and Draco share a look before getting up and dragging Harry with them. 

"This is Moaning Myrtle's bathroom," Hermione noticed, trying not to smile with nostalgia.

Draco wrinkled his nose, and Transfigured a quill into a blanket for them to sit on. 

Harry rolled his eyes and sat down. "Germaphobe."

"What does the letter say?" Draco impatiently asked. 

Hermione unrolled the two pieces of parchment.

Dear Hermione, 

I examined the pill you sent me very closely, and even had a few of my other Potions friends look it over (all very trustworthy, mind you), and we've figured out what it is. 

It's a forgetting spell. But not just Obliviate; it's complicated enough to only erase specific memories (and I have a good idea of what), 

This is dangerous. I won't ask how you acquired it, but I know something strange is happening at Hogwarts, though we can't help. The pill is complicated, to say the least. It's near impossible to explain this in words, so I'm enclosing the recipe. 

Please don't get caught up in this. There's some Dark Magic in this, and I don't want any of you dabbling in that. 

I've included my notes about each ingredient on the right. 

Recipe: 

Concentrated Obliviate spell (read Lizae Miltonham's book 'Charms in Potions')

Memories from the Pensieve (focused on the subject) (the silvery stuff that you get from extracting memories)

Unicorn hair