Chapter 2.

School was over, but that's not where my problems ended. First one being that Braylee and Caleb still won't shut up from this morning. They've been going at it like cats and dogs every second that they're around each other and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't about to rip out my hair...from the roots. Second problem being this Jace West guy. I'm not exactly sure why it's been clouding my brain for the majority of the day, and I can see that Eric notices something different in my behavior.

I'm normally not as quiet as I've been today, and he can tell, but I don't know how to address the issue. It shouldn't be this big a deal to begin with.

"Get your hand out of my face!" Braylee yells and I jump. "You stick that shit up your asshole!"

Caleb laughs while he still tries to place his hand on our cousins face while she squirms. Why is this happening in the car? Don't they know that we could easily get into an accident?

"Drop Braylee off at her house," I whisper to Eric. He cracks a smile that I can see from the side before taking a left when it would be a right for my house.

Both Eric and I are exhausted when we finally get back to my house. Getting rid of Braylee helped a lot, but then Caleb started talking about nonsense that neither of us wanted to hear.

One being the girl he slept with the other night. I nearly threw up at the conversation he was throwing me into, so when we finally got home and he left the car I sighed in complete relief.

"That was...intense," Eric laughs slightly and I smile at him.

"You'll be dealing with it for the rest of your life," I tease and he laughs harder.

"That's true," he smiles so bright his eyes squint like they always do. His teeth are so perfectly straight that it makes me jealous. We both had braces at the same time, yet his seem straighter. Not to mention whiter. Jealous.

"I better go inside," I finally say. "My dad will have a heart attack if I don't."

He chuckles and nods. "Don't want that do we?"

I snort and press a quick kiss to his cheek before hopping out of the car. When I get inside from the cold, the house smells like cinnamon and brown sugar, signaling my mom turned on the wax burner. She loves those things.

"Nina?" She peaks her head out from the kitchen and smiles when she sees me. I beam and take off my shoes before meeting her there.

"What are you baking?" Cooking; my mom is okay with, but baking she's amazing at.

"Apple pie," she gushes. "Does it smell good?"

"Definitely," I nod, and peak at the clothes she's wearing. Why is she all dressed up? "Are you and dad going out tonight?"

She looks confused before her eyes widen and she shakes her head. "Oh no, I forgot to tell you that Eric's parents invited us over for dinner tonight."

"The entire family?" I question. That's odd. I don't remember ever having a dinner party out of simple occasion.

"Technically, yes," she shrugs. "But Caleb is grounded."