Chapter 70. - Epilogue

Six Years Later.

The hustle and bustle of Chicago dances around me as I leave my internship for the day. The air is turning cooler, the leaves are starting to change color and the feeling is all around uplifting. I say hello to a few co-workers as they walk into the hospital and then even some pedestrians that I go to school with as I make my way back to my apartment.

The warm air of my home and smell of autumn candle waxes immediately welcomes me and I smile. The same scent is filtering through my apartment as at my mothers house.

Thinking that I'm just going to be changing into some sweats and a hoodie, ordering some pizza and binge watching Grey's Anatomy, I lock my door and head to my room. I definitely was not expecting to see my two best friends lounging around.

"Surprise!" They both jump up and I shake my head with a smile. Candice hugs me first since I haven't seen her in a few weeks now. "Ew, you smell like hospital."

I laugh. "Well, I do work in the emergency wing of a hospital."

She rolls her eyes and slaps my butt.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask, actually somewhat excited from my extensive day of school and work.

"I was thinking," Braylee jumps on to my bed. "Since Candice just got into town, we could all go out tonight for some drinks and maybe hit the club."

"I'm down for that," I nod and jump on top of Braylee, my stomach against her back. She squeals and I laugh. "Today was so long I could use a drink or two."

"Maybe get laid," she suggests and I pull her hair with a chuckle.

"I don't know about that one," I roll off of her with a grin. Candice too joins us and we all lay on our backs, looking at the ceiling.

"I guess I'll be the only one then," Bray whines. "Since Candy had to go and get hitched."

I laugh at Candice's expression and she says, "You're just jealous, babe."

"Jealous of being stuck with one dick for the rest of my life?" Bray snorts. "I think not."

"You'll get there." Candice pats Braylee's leg and sits up. "So where are we going, ladies?"

"I was thinking Primary," Bray inputs and I nod.

"Primary sounds good." It's probably one of the better nightclubs in Chicago, always busy no matter what day of the week it is and full of life. It doesn't open until nine which gives us plenty of time to get ready and maybe, sip on some wine before doing so.

And after the busy day I had at the hospital, a few drinks and some dancing with hot guys sounds like heaven to me.

Currently, I'm doing a paid internship at Saint Joseph's hospital in the emergency sector. I go to school at Loyola University part time to increase my credits for my profession and although I love my work, it does get tiring at times. The main struggle is not knowing whose going to come in, and if they will live or not. I had one patient die today after being on life support for two weeks, and though this happens all the time, it doesn't hurt any less.

I don't think my family was expecting me to leave Michigan when I graduated high school, considering I was so dead set on U of M since I was a little girl. Loyola just seemed like the perfect place at the time and I couldn't be happier with the outcome of it all. Being in Chicago and learning how to live on my own while juggling school and work has improved me as a person all around. Looking back on my last year of high school and now, there's such a big difference it's hardly believable.