Chapter 6.

"Nina?" I turn to the sound of the voice that said my name and come face to face with Baylee, Braylee's twin sister and my cousin. "What are you doing here?"

I sigh in relief that it's just my cousin. A familiar face. "Your sister dragged me out."

She snorts and rolls her eyes. "Typical Braylee. Where's Eric?"

I nod my head in the direction of my boyfriend mingling with his friends still. Braylee ran off somewhere with Candice, and I was planning on standing alone, but since Baylee found me that won't be happening for now.

"Ah," she nods. "I see. Why don't you come hang out with me and my friends?"

I bite my lip, debating it for a second, but I decide I should probably wait for Eric. I'm sure he'll be done talking to his friends soon anyway. He did say he was going to make sure I had a good time. I'm holding him to that.

"Thanks for the offer," I give her a small smile. "But I should probably wait for Eric."

My cousin smiles and hugs me briefly. "Okay, girl. Come find me if you change your mind."

I smile until she's out of sight and then I'm once again left in the middle of a house full of people. I vaguely remember some of their faces, but I haven't really talked to many of them.

As the minutes pass, I start to get more irritated bit by bit. Why did Candice and Braylee bring me here if they weren't going to hang out with me? I should've known better than to think they'd stay with a boring Bonnie like myself.

Speaking of the two girls, they show up almost instantly after I've about had enough. "Having fun yet?"

Braylee asks this and I turn to her with a glower. "Yeah, great time."

They both look guilty after my hostility towards them shows through and hand me a can of Dr. Pepper; my favorite.

"We went to get drinks," Candice fills in. "But a few girls stopped us on the way back. Sorry we took so long."

I sigh, realizing how bratty I must've sounded just now. Being in this environment and then feeling alone just has me wound up. Especially since I didn't want to come here in the first place.

"We're sorry," Braylee looks at me with a sad smile. "But we're back now and ready to party."

I smile slightly and take a sip of my pop, welcoming the cool drink down my throat.

"There's another part of the house. This area is where everyone chills," Candice informs me. "On the other side is where people dance and drink."

Drink? Like alcohol?

I nod along as if I'm cool and knowledgeable about the whole thing when I'm clearly not.

"It's also where everyone hooks up," Braylee tells me with a deviant smirk. My eyes widen. "But don't worry, you and Candice won't be doing any of that tonight."

I sigh, not knowing why I was so tense just that moment. I have a boyfriend after all, I wouldn't even think about hooking up with another guy. Plus, my morals are too strong to casually date, even if I wasn't with Eric which I'm sure everyone here knows.