Chapter 54.

After subsequently slamming the door of my bedroom I proceeded to mumble to myself about how unfair my parents were being and so on and so forth

After subsequently slamming the door of my bedroom I proceeded to mumble to myself about how unfair my parents were being and so on and so forth. After the anger had surpassed - where I'm at now - the tears came in. It was like a hurricane of emotions shifted into tiny water droplets that dripped against the floor.

I'm leaning against the frame of my bed, the carpet hardly comfortable, sobbing in uncontrollable hiccups.

I'm crying so hard that I don't even notice the two knocks on the door until Caleb is pushing open the door. When he sees me, his face morphs into one of sympathy and slowly he closes the door before walking over to me. I cry even harder as he takes a seat on the floor and pulls me into his side.

"It'll be okay," He soothingly assures, sliding his hand up and down my upper arm. I shake my head, trying to wipe away some of the tears.

"No, it won't," I deny. "They are being so unfair."

"They don't know how to react," he defends them, or at least that's what it sounds like. "You've never done anything like this. You always followed the rules. They're not sure what to do about this."

I don't say anything for the longest time, and neither does he. We sit in complete silence, the concept almost soothing to my frantic mind.

"I'm not going to church," I tell him when I finally do decide to talk.

"Okay," He doesn't put up a fight. Five minutes later he says he has to go, one of us needs to sit through mass. He promises that my parents won't come up here to convince me otherwise and then he's gone.

After changing my clothes into something cleaner, and tying my hair upon my head, I walk downstairs. My parents and Caleb are for surely gone, leaving the house quiet and baron. It is a relieving feeling, being alone, but after being in Jace's presence for so many days and hours, the loneliness hits me hard.

The worst part is I can't even call him. I now wish I memorized his phone number so I could use the landline, but in my mind I never thought this would happen.

I just hope he doesn't get the wrong idea when I don't answer any of his texts or calls. My throat constricts with emotion at the thought of him thinking I regret last night.

I take three deep breaths to calm myself down and open the refrigerator. I am by no means hungry, despite not having eaten anything today, I just feel like I should before everyone gets here. I'd rather scarf down food now and most likely throw it up than to be around when my entire family comes over for Sunday dinner. In all honesty, I have a feeling the Beets would come over just to rub it in my face what they did to me.