Chapter 50.

Jace's car stops just a few houses away from Braylee's and he shifts it into park

Jace's car stops just a few houses away from Braylee's and he shifts it into park. I sigh, looking out the window like I've been doing the entire ride. That and biting my lip.

It's still hard to digest all of the things that happened only thirty minutes ago. The memories feel more like dreams than actual events, and I wish they were. I could deal with Eric; I have been for the past few months, but his mother; that's a different story. His parents and mine are very close, which is how Eric and I became friends in the first place, so her seeing me today makes me nervous. There's a huge possibility that she'll tell my parents about her sightings, but I'm hoping she will have a lovely bone and not exploit me. Especially after what her son has done, if the church heard about this, their family would be the talk of the town and looked down upon.

"Don't worry about it," Jace drags me from my thoughts, placing his hand on my thigh. "They won't say anything."

I nip at my lip again. "How do you know that?"

"Because," he snorts. "They care about there reputation too much, clearly knowing that if they give you away to your parents, the truth about their son will have to come out. You know as well as I do that they don't want to be hit by public scrutiny."

I look down, not sure about his assumptions, but not completely doubtful. I do believe that this could be a reason why they wouldn't say anything, but is it big enough? Do they really care about their image more than they do about mine and it's demise?

"I want to take you out tonight," Jace informs me, and I glance up. He's smirking slightly.

"Out?" I swallow and he leans closer to me, grabbing my hand.

"Yeah," he nods, still smug as hell. "Like on a..."

"Date?" I question, heart beginning to pound.

"That's the word," he snaps his fingers, with a teasing glint in his eyes. "What do you say?"

I roll my lips in my mouth to try and not smile too wide. "Sure, sounds like fun."

"Sure, sounds like fun," he mocks and I let out a loud laugh to which he jabs me in the side for. I guffaw. "I'll pick you up. Seven work for you?"

I nod, beaming out an answer. "It does."

"Good," he smirks in such a sexy way I feel my panties moisten. Jesus Christ.

"Good," I giggle and lean forward to press my lips to his, not being able to help myself. A groan escapes his lips and he holds the back of my head so we stay together. I smile into the kiss and he bites my bottom lip. "I have to go."

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, Braylee needs you."

"So pouty," I stick out my bottom lip in taunt and I know for a fact he would've grabbed me if I hadn't escaped first. I raise my hand goodbye and walk over to the Long household where I climb the ladder into Braylee's room.