Chapter 51.

"Y-your house?" I stutter, eyeing the building in question

"Well," he tilts his head. "It's my parents, but you get the gist."

That makes a little more sense.

"But I thought your parents were still back in Illinois?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

"They are," he tells me. "But they bought this house about a week ago because they're planning to be here soon. I stay in it sometimes when I can't handle the Beets."

I nod slowly, letting everything sink in. In hein sight, it's not that hard to comprehend, but for some reason I can't seem to.

"Lets go," he nods his head towards the door of his car. "I have to show you something."

Swallowing, I unbuckle my seat belt and get out of the car along with Jace. He comes around to my side and grabs my hand, sending me a smile before we're walking towards the front door. It's a nice house, just like all the other ones in this neighborhood, but definitely nice. You can tell the West family has a little bit of money in their name.

Jace pulls out his key and slides it into the lock where he then opens the door. I don't know what I was expecting - maybe an empty house with nothing but a chair - but I was not expecting a fully furnished, warm house. It's beautiful.

I gasp. "Oh my god."

"You like it?" Jace questions, some nervousness in his voice.

"It's gorgeous," I state breathlessly and he smiles again. "Why is it furnished?"

He shrugs. "My parents didn't think it was worth it to bring the stuff we already had, so they hired someone to decorate."

I'm half listening, too busy taking in all of the detail. The outside is bleak and not unique, but the inside is completely different. There's lots of character throughout just the one room I've seen.

"Come on," he tugs on my hand gently and my eyes met his. He walks me through an archway and into a beautifully lit dinner table. Three candles flicker in the middle and two plates are set up across from each other. Food is laid out all over the table, smelling delicious. "Just so you know, no, I did not cook this. I got it from Jonessey's."

I giggle, utterly entranced. "You did all this?"

If I'm not mistaken, I swear I see a tint of red coat his cheeks. He rubs his neck. "For the most part. Breeana and Shay helped a little too."

My heart swells ten times its size and I press my lips to his. For moments our lips stay together before I'm pulling away with a smile.

"Thank you," I praise. "It's beautiful. I've never had anyone do this for me."

The look on his face indicates questions, but he doesn't ask them. I'm grateful for that, I don't want to talk about Eric right now.

"You deserve it," he states, demanding really. "All of it."