Chapter 53.

I don't remember falling asleep last night, but it's clear I did when I open my eyes and find the sun rising over the horizon

I don't remember falling asleep last night, but it's clear I did when I open my eyes and find the sun rising over the horizon. Groggily, I roll over towards Jace where he tightens his grip on me. It's early, very early in the day and I'm exhausted, but I know I'll need to get back home soon. I wasn't supposed to fall asleep in the first place.

"Morning," Jace huskily greets, and I nuzzle my head in the crook of his neck.

"Morning," I mutter, closing my eyes and listening to the steady rhythm of his heart. "I didn't realize we fell asleep."

He chuckles huskily. "Well, you did have an eventful night."

I give him a weak wack to the arm which has him laughing. "So did you."

"I know," he admits, playing with a piece of my hair. "That's probably why I joined you."

I tilt my head back so I can look at him and he raises an eyebrow. "I don't regret last night, just so you know."

He smirks and swiftly flips us over so he's between my thighs and above me. Despite being extremely sore, I can feel myself becoming aroused all over again. "Is that so?"

"Mhmm," I close my eyes as his lips delicately attach to the skin on my neck.

"Too bad you're sore," he pulls away, smirking still. "Or we'd go another round."

I roll my eyes, but can't help smiling. The idea of doing this again makes me shiver with anticipation. I can't wait until it doesn't hurt and I'll actually be able to see what everyone's been talking about. Don't get me wrong, I think the first time was extraordinary, but it's always the curiosity of the unknown that we seek.

"Funny," I mock and he chuckles, pecking my nose.

"I'm going to take a shower," he lets me know, heaving himself off of me and to his feet. "You can take one after, or we can just save time and take one together."

The suggestive tone in his voice makes my cheeks heat up, but I'm afraid if I go in there with him, we'll never get out. And that wouldn't be such a bad thing if I didn't have to get home for church. It's nearly six-thirty now.

"Maybe some other time," I send a playful wink. "When we don't have a limited amount of minutes."

"Whatever you say," he smirks, gesturing towards his abs. "Your loss."

I chuck a pillow at him right as he leaves the room and laugh to myself. He's crazy, but cute.

I sit up and stretch my arms over my head, feeling the tenderness of my muscles protest. My legs and crotch area are probably the most problematic areas as of now, though.

I decide to go on my phone while I wait for Jace to get out of the shower and scroll through Twitter. It's like checking the news in the morning for me, I usually do this first because I get caught up in all of the feed.