Chapter 56.

I hardly remember my family being here tonight - of course I hadn't gone down to greet them or hang out so that may have something to do with it. I've also been on and off sleeping, having nothing better to do.

It's dark out now, and I'm pretty sure my parents have gone to bed so now is the time to get something to eat. Leftovers are a known after Sunday dinners.

I sit up, looking around my room before sighing and swinging my legs over the edge of my bed. I feel the ghost of Jace between my thighs, bringing on a wave of sadness, but love as well. It lets me know that last night was real and not a dream like I've been hoping today is.

Shuffling to my door, I quietly open it and step out into the hallway. It doesn't take long to make it down the stairs and when I do I halt in my steps. The light is on in the kitchen, my parents standing in view.

"She's seventeen," my father says, in a hostile way that has me questioning their conversation right off the bat.

"And I was fifteen when we got together, remember?" Reminds my mother while moving to be closer to him. In the meantime, my eyes are perked at attention, wondering what they are talking about.

"Are you insinuating Nina and Jace are behaving like we did?" A slight flinch courses through me as my father snaps, but I make sure I don't make any noise.

"God, I hope not," she makes a face. "We were very reckless back then."

Now this leaves me further confused. Reckless? In what way? My parents never told me anything about their beliefs as a teenager, but I assumed they were the same. Is it possible that they weren't god fearing?

"Too late, Nikki, I already told him he's not allowed to speak to her anymore."

I freeze in my mini rant and panic, my dads words ringing in the silence of the house. Did he just - is he talking about Jace?

The heart in my chest begins to beat erratically while my eyes follow to the counter behind my parents. There my phone lays, screen showing my recent call log.

And like a twig, my self restraint snaps.

"You what?" I seethe, stepping into the entry way. Both of my parents turn to me with deer-caught-in-the-headlights expression. They know they've been caught red handed, and I know they have.

"Ni - how -" my dad stutters, eyes wild. "-what did you hear?"

"Are you serious right now?" I have to ask, my brain can't fully comprehend whether he's being truthful or not.

He looks back at my mother who - having been quiet thus far - looks just as shocked.

"Who were you talking about, dad?" I ask, clenching my fists tighter than they were before. I don't even remember them closing.

"First of all," he points out, hardening his voice. "You don't call the shots here, I do, so watch it. Second of all, it's none of your business. You're grounded remember?"

"If the conversation had to do with me," I correct him. "Then it is my business."

"We're not playing this game," he tells me, glaring daggers at me. I block his exit, him staring down at me and me tilting my head to do the same.

Relationship With My Boyfriends Best Friend जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें