Chapter 39.

"You bastard!" I seethe, trying to pull my arm out of his grip. "How dare you say shit like that to him? How dare you lie-"

"I'm sorry," he says, but I'm heated. I'm on a whole other level and if I were him I'd be slightly scared.

"You're sorry?" I screech, shoving at his chest. He lets me, because he knows I'm completely justified in this matter. "Oh I'm sure you are? I'm sure telling him those things and watching his reaction was so horrible for you. You're such a freaking liar, oh my god. I can't stand you."

I shove at his chest again, and he watches me, a scowl on his face.

"I can't believe you!" I don't know what will calm me down honestly, this is days and weeks of pent up emotions. It's coming out in anger instead of tears this time and surprisingly helps more. "I wish I'd never even met you! I hate you!"

I just told two mistruths, but maybe it'll help me. Maybe it'll allow me to realize what a messed up person Jace is to where I can forget about him in its entirety.

I shove at his chest again and he grabs my arms, pinning me to the wall with wrists above my head. The same position we were in the day after I found out about Eric. Deja Vu.

Now I want to cry.

"Don't say that," he demands of me, voice soft as he stares at me. My chest is heaving with previous anger and I'm breathing heavily, yet I've never wanted him more than I do now. "Don't fucking say that to me."

"It's true," I assure him, lying.

His eyes search mine. "No it's not."

"Yes, it is-" he lowers his forehead to my shoulder, lips brushing against my collar bone. I love it too much to stop him, and I don't feel particularly mad anymore.

"I'm sorry, baby," he says it again, hot breath against my skin. "I was wrong."

I let out a shaky breath.

We always end up like this and even though it's wrong, it feels so right. It makes me want to be close to him, for him to assure me of things like this.

"Forgive me," he pleads, pressing a light kiss to the junction of my neck. "I'm sorry."

"I shouldn't," I remind him in a hushed voice. I want to, but I shouldn't.

"I know," he agrees and brings his face back to mine. "But I want you to. I need you to. It killed me, watching you with Xavier tonight. I couldn't fucking breathe because as fucked up as it is, I don't want you with anyone else. I don't want anyone else's hands on you. I don't know how to put my feelings into words at the moment, Nina, but I want you. In no way I've wanted anyone else."

He doesn't know how bad I've wanted to hear those words.

I bite my lip, nodding because I'm afraid if I speak I'll start crying.

"What, baby?" He questions, lips brushing mine, but eyes solely focused on my own.

"Yes," I tell him, to whatever the heck was just said. He doesn't force me to elaborate, instead he slowly brings his lips to mine. Though it starts gentle, it immediately turns into a tango of passion. We generate anything and everything into the kiss, charging the energy around us with the same electricity.

He lets go of my hands and they immediately go to his hair, sifting through the strands and clutching. He grunts, both of us opening our mouths to let out a breath and then glueing back together. It's sloppy, it's dramatic, it's freaking perfect.

His own hands clutch my sides deliciously, leaving the best amount of pain and pleasure behind. I'm infatuated with it, his lips, his body, his words. I want more and I never want to let it go. It's dangerous and exciting all in the same, bringing me to the conclusions that I've definitely gone insane. I have to trust that Jace will catch me when I fall too deep.