Chapter 59.

There's a tapping on my window late at night. I can't remember if I was even asleep before this, but out of no where I'm met with the distinct sound of something ticking against my glass pane.

I immediately turn on the lamp beside my bed and lift the blinds, only to be met with the bloodied and exhausted face of Jace; my boyfriend.

I gasp, opening the window as fast as I possibly can in my sleepy state. "Jace, What the hell."

He groans when he tries to lift himself up, so I try to assist as best I can. He's clutching his ribs, and he's hunched over with a limp to his step. I feel like crying because he's in pain and then beating the crap out of someone because of his current situation.

I lead him over to my bed and slowly help lower him on to the mattress. Despite the utmost protection I try to ensue, a hiss still escapes his lips.

"Jace," I brush hair off of his forehead and he looks up at me with such helplessness that I look away. Figuring the best I can do to help is to get antiseptic and a wash cloth, I go to do that after shutting the window. I dampen the cloth before bringing it to him, and when I go to clean his face, he grabs my wrist. "What?"

"I just want to lay down with you," he mutters, eyes drooping. I can't tell if it's because they're swollen or he's just tired or both.

"You need to clean your cuts," I insist. "They could get infected-"

"Please," he winces, and I search his face once over before nodding. What's the worst that can happen in six hours?

Once again, I help him with taking off his clothes and then laying him down. I turn off the lamp and snuggle into his body, careful of his injuries.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I ask, curious.

"Eric." Is all he manages to say and red hot anger fills me. I go to pull away - not sure what I think I'm going to do to Eric at this time of night - but Jace stops me. "Don't. Stay with me. That's all I want right now."

Even after getting the literal shit beat out of him, he still manages to be the bigger person. How he does it, I'm not sure. All I know, is once I get the full story out of him - maybe even before - Eric will pay for what he did.

"Okay," I whisper. A soft sigh falls from his lips when I snuggle into him, the situation being awful, but the aftermath being perfect.

•••

Kiss to the cheek. Kiss to the nose. Kiss to the lips. Another kiss to the lips.

"You better quit," he grumbles, sleep still coating his voice. "Injured or not I'm not against fucking you."

I bite my lip to keep in the giggle and wrap my leg around his hip as he pulls me closer. With eyes still closed, he shifts his face to my neck and I brush one hand through his thick hair.

When was the last time he got a haircut?

Not that I'm complaining, it gives me more to pull on - what the hell?

"My parents are going to be waking up soon," I have to mention. It ruins the mood completely, but I would rather the mood be ruined and not our lives.

"Mhmm," he hums, his eyes remaining closed.

"Jace," I sigh, my own vision blurring as I take in his injuries with the daylight shining.

"Stay home," he suggests, gripping and pulling me even closer.

"And how am I going to keep my parents from coming in here?" I question, my voice quiet. I'm considering his idea, even though I probably shouldn't be.