•54•

1:47 p.m.

i pulled up to nate's apartment with sweaty palms and a throbbing head.

what could he want to talk about?

i parked next to his car and hopped out heading up to the front door slowly. i knocked heard his muffling feet and the door creaks open.

"he - hey," i stutter and he opens the door allowing me to come inside.

i stepped in playing with nate's chains that were around my neck and he moved into the living room where i followed.

i sat down on the couch and he sat on the chair next to it turning his body towards me slowly.

"what's wrong?" i ask and rub my hands on my jeans.

"listen val,"' he starts off and my heart falls into my stomach. "i care about you so much, and you know that - right?"

i nod frantically. "yeah, i do nate. what is this about?"

"i don't know. i've just been thinking lately, about you and i."

"and?"

"and, i'm just - i'm just not sure anymore."

i felt my lip quiver and i put my head into my hands nodding.

"did i do something?" i mumbled lowly and hiccuped.

"no, no, no," he sighed. "i'm just not ready.." he stated and i broke down.

"i'm not ready for such a slow relationship, i wanna move forward." he said and i continued to cry but i furrowed my eyebrows as i replayed his words in my head.

move forward? didn't he just say?

i lifted my head up to see nate holding a white box small box with a pink ribbon tied around it. i wiped under my eyes and nate grasped my hands lightly and pulled me towards him and onto his lap slowly.

he handed me the box and i sniffled untying the ribbon slowly and flipping open the box slowly. my eyes widened at the piece of jewelry and i looked down at nate to see a smile playing onto his lips.

the ring was silver and patterned along the band. in the center was a small, single, bejeweled heart.

"its not much, i dont wanna move too fast, but i wanna move forward with you - at a comfortable pace

"its not much, i dont wanna move too fast, but i wanna move forward with you - at a comfortable pace." he wiped the tears dripping down my jawline and i smiled widely.

"so you're not breaking up with me?" i ask and he shook his head violently.

"i cant bare the fact of losing you."

"so you pranked me!" i slapped his arm and he chuckled.

i hated the beginning of the prank, but the ending was my favorite.

"its so beautiful." i smile and pull it out of the box, slipping it onto my ring finger on my right hand. "thank you."

"anything for you." he kissed my forehead lightly and worked his way to my jawline causing me to giggle.

i want a pandora ring :(