•95•

val

what the heck was he doing here?

"what the hell were you doing!" he shakes my shoulders and i look down at the sand unable to speak.

what was i thinking?

"i - i - don't know.." i mumbled and nate rested both of his hands around my face.

"you could've died val. what were you doing out there?" he asked and caressed my cheeks softly with his thumbs.

he leant his forehead against mine and let out a long breath. he leaned in and connected his lips with mine and my eyes widened. i pushed against his chest lightly and he sighed.

"n - nate, i'm with jack. i'm sorry."

"i get it." he nods and stood up. "let's get you home."

"i cant. i have no one to go home to." i let a tear fall down my cheek.

"what do you mean? you just said -"

nate looked at me and sat down beside me and rubbed my knees.

"whats happened?"

i explained everything to him. he was just as shocked as i was, and was silent for most of the time.

"i - i -" he stuttered.

"i know." i looked down and played with the sand.

"everything will work out, i promise." he leans over and kissed my temple making my heart jump.

"could you drive?" i ask and he nods.

we took my car back to the hospital since nate said he hadn't even drove to the beach. nate wanted to see jack for some reason, and i didn't object seeing they had once been good friends.

while driving nate placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed it lightly and i squeezed myself up tight in the blanket i found in the backseat.

it was just like old times with nate.

hello! sorry i'm so late on updates. rough weeks - rough life :) YAY. jk. so if you want to follow me on instagram message me and ask me for my username and tell me your username so i don't decline you. love you all ❤️