•72•

val

as the door shuts behind nate with a loud bang, jack leans over holding his stomach in pain.

"fuck.." he breathed out and i bent down lower seeing his shirt filling with blood.

"what happened!" i yelled and lead him over to the bathroom.

"they lit wire to make it hot, and they put it to my skin."

it wasn't bleeding to bad, but it needed to be wrapped up. i grabbed gauze, ointment, and surgical tape, beginning to cover it up. i dabbed his burnt skin with a cold was cloth   making him wince and a look of worry spread across my face.

"i'm so sorry this happened to you." i mumble and rub the ointment on lightlty and cover it in gauze.

"it - it's not your fault, val." he breathes out as i push the tape down. "it's that piece of shits fault." he refers to nate.

i tug at the end of his bloody shirt and lift it over his head in a swift motion and toss it on the floor.

his one hand cups my cheek and begins to caress it slowly, and his eyes are serious.

"the whole time i was there, the only thing i was worrying about was whether or not i was ever going to be able to see you again."

the thought of that makes my heart break and drop, but at the same time it gives me goosebumps because i knew he was thinking of me.

i pull him off of the counter to stand him up straight making me now have to look up to him. i lean up to kiss his soft lips and they move in a smooth pattern causing an eruption of butterflies to fill my stomach.

it was a feeling i missed.

•

hello! it is right now 9:58 pm in the United States on the East Coast. I'm curious as to what country or state everyone lives in. Hope it doesn't sound weird but I thought it would be cool to ask! If you're willing to comment I'd love to read it. What'd you think of the chapter?? A vote equals a good chapter, but a vote and comments equal a fantastic chapter ;) make sure to leave feedback ❤