•68•

jack

i have to go find her, or at least try and look for her. i can't just sit here.

what can i do?

as my eyes scan the room they land on her phone and an instant idea comes to mind. i grasp her phone in my hands and scroll through her contacts stopping at 'sam w'.

i bring the phone to my ear as it rings and in almost an instant it picks up.

"nathan.." he answers and i swallow the lump in my throat.

"this isn't nate." i make my voice hard and firm.

"whose this?"

"you don't need to know. i swear to god, if you don't let val go -"

"do you have six hundred dollars cash to give me?"

"i do." i state and he chuckles.

"too bad i want nate's money and only nate's."

"eight hundred, i'll give you eight hundred."

there's a pause and chatter coming from the background and i hear val scream making my blood boil.

"one thousand!" i shout and grip my hair tightly.

"you'd give me a thousand dollars just to save valerie?" he asks.

"yes, so do we have a deal?" i ask.

"you have a deal. i'll text you the address of the warehouse - no cops, and no funny business."

with that he hangs up and i sprint to my car and start it up speeding off to the bank.

sam had texted me the address before, so here i am walking towards the warehouse with an envelope of cash in my hand.

the door creaked as i entered the warehouse and i followed sam's directions which led to a dark hallway with a room at the end of it. i shoved the envelope into my boxers.

something doesn't feel right - something's up.

as i entered the room i saw val tied into a chair only in her lace undergarments with tape over her mouth.

her eyes widened as she saw me and i ran to her bending down at her level wiping her tears.

"i'm here, it's okay." i reassured her and she started thrashing her body in all directions screaming.

"lights out gilinsky.." is all i heard before i took a blow to the head and fell to the floor.

do i have too much drama??