•71•

jack

her fingers tangled in my hair and i felt her teardrops hit my shoulder through my shirt.

"you're okay.." she exhales and squeezes me tighter.

a low cough comes from behind us and i turn my body slowly and lunge at nate but val whips me back.

"he's not worth it, jack." she whispers rubbing my arm lightly.

she's right, she's always right. i really shouldn't waste my time on that piece of scum.

"val, i was on tour! what was i supposed to do!" nate shouted in frustration and i glared him.

"you should've gotten on one of the loads of jets you have and flew back here, you piece of shit. here life was in your hands! was that not enough for you to get up and do something about it!" i yell, and nate looks desperately at val.

"how did you get away from sam? did he let you off the hook with the money?" he asks and she looks at him confused.

"what money?" she turns to me and asks.

oh sam? he got his money - just as i promised. i wasn't going to risk putting val in danger again.

"you paid sam?" she asks, and i nod.

"that was the only way of getting you out of there alive." i state.

"how much? how much did you pay him?" nate asks me and i look at him with a stern glare.

"one thousand -"

"what?" val whispers lowly and runs her fingers through her hair. "you paid all of that money - for me?" she looks at me with sympathetic eyes.

"val, let's go to my house." nate suggests, trying to break the moment. "come on, you'll be safe there don't worry."

for a moment she looks between nate and i, and then she looks at nate.

"i'm staying with jack tonight."

okay, so a lot of people read my books and comment on them - but they don't vote. it makes me a little upset because it only takes two seconds to show that you enjoyed the chapter. however, i'm so thankful for all the reads i've gotten and thank you for the comments. i'm glad you all enjoy the book and i hope that only good things will come of this book. i can't wait to see how you guys react to later on published chapters :) i love you all ♡