•65•

jack

i sped down the road to her house and i slam on the breaks seeing her front door left wide open. as i exit the car slowly, i hear no sounds coming from inside the house, but i still make sure to enter slowly.

"val?" i whisper and nothing is heard.

as i enter further in i notice the coffee table is broken with the glass all shattered on the floor. there's blood on the floor, but im not able to tell whose it is.

i hope its not val's.

as i enter the kitchen i notice a note is taped onto the fridge.

nathan,

where's that drug money your promised us? until then, we're gonna have a little fun with your girlfriend here.

- the man

i yank out my phone and call nate hoping for an instant answer, which is what i get.

"yo jack i can't talk -"

"you're in a drug dealing business? are you fucking kidding me!"

"what?"

"val's gone, but there's a note from 'the man'. you're so lucky i can't beat your fucking ass right now." i threaten.

"they took her?" his voice cracks.

"whose they?"

"bunch of old friends from high school - sam wilkinson is the head leader of it. fuck! i messed up so bad!"

"sam wilkinson?" i ask and my throat goes dry.

hope santa treated everyone well. this had to be the worst christmas ever due to my family reasons.