Chapter 1 my life is over

This cannot be happening, this has to be a dream, and I love my parents. Yeah my dad was jerk sometimes and my mom always stuck by his side but I still love them. Now, they are gone, dead. In addition, all the fingers point to ME. How does this happen to a 16 year old girl? I did not do this, I know I did not and now I am on the chopping block. The detective says all evidence points to me; my lawyer says we will enter an insanity plea. I am not crazy, I am not psychotic, and I did not kill my parents.

"April Summers, please rise" the judge ordered

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury how do you find the defendant" the judge directed his question to the jury

"Your honor we find the defendant, April Summers, guilty of 2 counts of murder in the first degree" the woman with brown curly hair from the jury responded.

"And in the pleas of temporary insanity, how do you find the defendant" the judge asked again.

"True your honor. The crime committed by Miss Summers is the unfortunate outcome of an abused child. She lost all control" this time a tall man with glasses answered. He is the psycho doctor that has interviewed me.

"Thank you, April summers I hereby sentence you to 6 months in Wards Asylum. You will have routine meetings with Mr., Jones who will monitor your progress and determine your mental stability when the release date approaches." the judge smack his hammer insinuating court was closed

Oh my gosh how did they find me guilty, and how can they say I was battered and abused child, my parents never abused me. I did not do this and I will somehow some way prove this and clear my name. I just have to; I have to seek justice for my parents, for myself, and for their death.