Chapter 26 Injury

Its been over a month since the reaper has contacted me and Detective Sharp letting me know that seems how this case has come to a halt he has to semi-close it. Meaning that its not top priority but still open if any new leads come up. I knew that he had other cases but it still bothered me that the person who killed my parents was still free. 

Life is finally starting to come together for me, I have a great boyfriend, awesome friends and loving guardians (my aunt and uncle). School is going well, Sara is still pissed about everything but she is letting it go. We had a encounter a few weeks ago and I told her just how it was going to be so shes backed off. Sorta, she still eyes David like hes a piece of meat and it is starting to bug me. We been together for 3 months now and we are starting to get pretty serious. No I still have not gone to third base yet and hes ok with that, he tells me when I am ready he will be.

Today we have a away game to cheer at and I am pretty excited, we have been doing really good this year and coach said she has gotten a few call's about us participating in competition.This is the best year we have had in a long time, the football team is on fire we have played 6 games and won all them.

I made my way downstairs for breakfast after I got dressed in a pair of white shorts and a flower top with my sandals that strap up my ankle. My aunt was in the kitchen doing her normal making breakfast and playing with her new coffee machine that made lattes and espressos. She handed me my breakfast and a cup with something in it to drink. I eyed it like it was poison, I normally have oj.

"oh.April just try it." She said

"what is it?"

"Its a caramel chocolate latte." She answered

She had me at chocolate, so I cautiously took a little sip, holy crap its like heaven in my mouth."holy cow I think I am in love." I told her

"see they are good." She smiled

"yup now I need one for on the go too and one every morning, you will have to teach me how to make these." I informed her.

She gave me a smile and a nod and went about making more as I ate my breakfast and waited for David to show up like he does every morning. My aunt and I talked for a while then my uncle joined in, he was wearing a nice suit today instead of his normal work attire that is a pair of pants and a shirt. He only wears that stuff cause he always has to wear scrubs as he calls them for surgeries.

"wow, you look professional today." I teased him

"ya, this is the one thing I hate about my job dear." He rolled his eyes.

"what you doing today that you hate?" I asked

"I have to go over to the university and give a speech to all the surgeon students and answer questions." he answered.

"oh, why you? we have other surgeons in town dont we?"

"ya, but none as good as me." He boasted.

I shook my head. No hes not lying he is the best in the state of California, people come from all over just to see him. He books appointments months out at a time and people are always calling to be put on the waiting list. He does about 4 maybe 5 surgeries a day depending on what is being done. Plus he also specializes in orthopedic surgery too so he gets alot of sports injuries.  David walked into the kitchen and my aunt instantly handed him a cup of the same stuff she gave me. He eyed it cautiously and then looked right at me. I help my cup up to him showing him I had one too. He smelt it first then took a small sip like i did.

"wow this is good Jenni. what is it?" he asked

"a caramel chocolate latte." She told him

"i will take one to go."