Chapter 10 A new beginning

It has been a week since I was released from the asylum. I have been struggling with the nightmares and I am slowly adjusting to being free. Aunt Jenni took me shopping over the weekend and we got a whole bunch of stuff for me including stuff for school. I am glad that I will not have to switch schools so I did not have to worry about re-enrolling all aunt jenni had to do was update my information. I was really dreading being a new girl. Now my only worry is, what people will say, and the rumors that I know will be spread.

~" hey, Mia, u wanna come over I am so bored"~ I texted my best friend my aunt and uncle are at work and I’m alone most of the day, which completely sucks, but I understand they have to work cause now they have me to support. I even talked to my aunt told her I could maybe get a job or help her out with her restaurants if she wanted me to.

"For sure, I was hoping u would wanna hang out," she quickly replied back

"Cool, bring ur swiming stuff we will lounge around by the pool if u wanna"

It is august and it has been like 90 degrees for the last three days, I am so thankful for the huge ass pool my aunt has and the central air. The heat does not bother me any more now that I am used to it. When we first moved to California, I thought I was going to suffocate from the heat but I am used to it now. I do miss New York though. We moved here to be closer to my aunt for one and my dad was given a great job offer here so we moved.

*****************************************************************************************************

"Hey girl, how you been" Mia asked while hugging me

"Oh you know, just trying to adjust, it’s a little different, but I’m am glad to be out"

"Yeah, well that is why u have me, I will help you adjust, oh and let me tell you we got some good looking boys around here" she laughed

"Yeah, I know and you’re the best"

"Hey lets go to the ocean and hit some waves instead, and then we can come back and just chill here." Mia asked with a puppy face.

"I don’t know, I feel weird ya know, people always stare at me and then I always have the damn newspapers crew snapping picture of me"

"Oh come on, you got to live apes, screw them assholes I will moon them." she started to show her butt

"Well ok for a little while but I got to text my aunt first to make sure she’s ok with it"

"Yessss, score 1 for mia" she through her arm up in victory

~ ,’hey aunt Jenni, Mia and I are going to go to the ocean and hit some waves is it ok?"~

~yes sweetie it is, there is 20 bucks in the jar in your uncles office, take that and make sure you have fun, text me if you need me, I will be home by 530, please be there"~

~"ok, thanks Love you. :)"~

~ <3 ~

"Ok let’s go, mia, I got 4 hours before I got to be home"

"Hellla ya, let’s do this" mia squealed

Yeah she is fool but I love her, she was the only girl who has been a real friend to me and besides we been friends forever. I threw on my bikini and surf suit over it then grabbed my bored before we jumped in Mia's car and headed for the beach. It felt so great to be back in society but I still felt out of place with all the undesireable attention I get.