Chapter 39 Reaper revealed

After school and practice David dropped me off at home so I could get my homework done. He went home so he could do the same and see his parents. With everything that has happened in the past few weeks he hasn't really been home with them or seen much of them. As I walked through the door I dropped my bag at the bottom of the stairs and went to grab a snack and a soda from the kitchen.

I grabbed my bag and headed to my room, once I was in my room I tossed my bag onto my bed. It bounced off hitting my night stand sending the picture of me and my parents crashing to the ground again. "shit." I said to myself as I walked over to pick it up. As I grabbed the now very broken frame another picture slide out and onto the floor. I set my frame back on my stand and picked up the other picture. I flipped it over so i could see the picture. It was of me when I was a little girl and of a little boy standing next to each other, we both had the same brown hair but he had really nice green eyes. I wondered if maybe it was of a friend back in New York. In the picture we looked to be about 5 maybe 6.

I set the picture back on my stand and went on to doing my home work. The joys of high school. I pulled out my history book and the dumb packet of questions we had to answer and decided to start there because history will be the longest. I started reading the chapter and soon after my eyes started feeling very heavy, I laid my head on my hands and before I knew it my eyes where shut and I was asleep.

"April wake up." Some one shook me  I looked up through my sleepy eyes to see who it was."When did you get here?" I asked

 "Just got here you didn't answer your phone so I came over." David answered with relief displayed on his face.

I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, last thing I remember was reading about the attack on pearl harbor in 1941. "i'm sorry I didn't even realize you called me." I said  "what time is it anyway?" I asked "beautiful it is six at night." He answered

 "holy i didn't think i was that tired, my aunt and uncle home?"

 "no one was here when I walked in."

I grabbed my phone to text my aunt and seen I have 3 text from David a text from Mia ,one from my aunt and a missed call.. I opened the one from my aunt first  ~Hey April we wont be home till later, we decided to go to dinner and spend some time alone, order what ever you want and tell them to bill me. Love you.~

Well that explains why they aren't home, its nice to see them be relaxed again. I looked up at David"are you hungry?" I asked "I am always hungry." He laughed. which was totally true he always was eating, I don't know how he stays in such great shape.

"ok so what you wanna order?" I asked closing my history book

 "What ever you want."

 "good I want pizza."

We walked down stairs to grab a menu for the pizza shop a few blocks away. We both agreed on a large bacon chicken ranch pizza. Yes a large for the 2 of us, when him and i are together we eat like we are starving children. I grabbed the house phone to place the order but there was no dial tone.

"can I use your cell the house phone is dead." I asked David

He handed me his phone and I called the pizza shop. "hi yes I would like a large bacon chicken ranch pizza." I said to the girl on the other end  "yes, deliver please."

"Summers and 2537 Attica Drive."

 "Bill to Jenni Beadsley"

"Thanks." I handed David back his phone.

"It will be about thirty minutes."

He looked at me with a hug smile and placed his hands on my waist."Hmmm well we can kill thirty minutes." He said seductively

"Oh we can can we?"

He started to kiss my check, and worked his way down to my neck. "David, I don't think this is a good idea." I told him

"oh I do." he continued and i let him, I love how he made me feel when he would touch me like i was the only girl in the world. We where rudely interrupted by a loud crash. I jumped about 3 feet in the air. Yes, even though life has gone back to almost normal I am still a little jumpy.

"what was that?" I asked "I don't know."

We walked into the living room to investigate where the noise came from. We both scanned the living room me checking the right and David checking the left. Neither of us seen or heard anything and both of our eyes stopped on the same thing sitting on the coffee table in the center of the living room.

There sat a glass vase filled with a dozen long stem black and white roses. Attached was a card and in big bold letters.

~Im here for you April~

All the blood drained from my body and i started to shake, I gripped Davids and so tight I cut off all circulation.

"April, run to your room and call 911 now." David commanded.

I didn't respond i just ran for the stairs, just as the lights went out.

"April go now!" David yelled

As I was trying to get to my room, I was almost there when someone tackled me to the floor. I kicked and screamed trying to get away but who ever this was was to big. All my fear set in my heart was beating rapidly and my breathing became hitched and hard to control.

"DAVID!" I screamed

"April." I heard feet running up the stairs. I felt the pressure being released off of me and seen David lunge and tackle the guy. I stumbled and scrambled to get up and get my feet moving but my body was not cooperating, I was beyond scared and I couldn't function. I sat there and watched David throw punch after punch into the guy. The tears where coming down my face faster then Niagara falls.

"call the cops" David yelled in between punches.

I got my legs to get me to my feet and I made a mad dash for my room. I grabbed my phone off my bed and frantically dialed 911.

"911 whats your emergency?"  was all i heard before I heard a yell from David. I turned to it and looked right into the eyes of my reaper. The phone feel from my hands and my body froze where it stood, I could not believe the eyes I was looking into, I could not believe it. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head trying to clear the image. I was hallucinating but when I opened my eyes back up the same face was there. I opened my mouth to try to say something but he stopped me. He lent down to my ear.

"I told you I was coming for you angel and I wasn't lying." He whispered right before my whole world went dark.

*************************************************************************************************************

A/N Well now what do you think? Any thoughts on who the reaper may be? And yes this my lovely loyal readers is the end of  Wrongfully Convicted book 1.

Thank you for reading and supporting me. Book 2 will be up and published soon. In the mean time keep thinking about who the reaper may be. Also while your waiting for me to start the new book go check out MLGonzales7 (under his control novels), bubblysun (baby at 23) and jennifer_lynnb (austin files and austins revenge) Those are just a few good book I have read.