Chapter 18 A sign

David stayed for a while. We just say around talking about life and school starting Monday. I didn't tell him everything still I didn't wanna overwhelm him, I'm sure he would if wen able to handle it all I guess I just didn't wanna tell him everything yet because if I tell him then it's defiantly real. It was about 9:30 when David went home and I decided to head to bed and of course my dreams where back but this time it wasn't my sister talking to me or one of my parents.

I was standing in a ally staring at the man responsible for taking my parents and sisters life. He was looking back at me but I could not see his face all I seen was him getting ready to take the life of another person, a person I could not recognize from the distance. As I found myself walking closer to see who it was I felt my heart get heavy and the beating mimicked the sound of bongo drums. When I was close enough to see who's life was about to be taken I froze I, I was unable to react. My body remained still when my brain screamed to do something. Just as I was about do something the reaper raised his sigh and with one smooth swipe of his harm he decapitated the person. Just as I screamed I woke myself out of my dream with tears poring from my eyes my pajama soaking with sweat.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face in the attempts to erase the horrible nightmare, I walked back to my room to just lay there because I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

When my clock read 7:00 am I got up and went down stairs to start the coffee pot for my aunt and uncle. I got out the stuff to make breakfast just how my aunt does.

"Good morning April your up early." my aunt greeted me.

"Morning, I couldn't sleep." was all I could say. I didn't wanna tell her why.

She just gave me that look that she new something was wrong but instead she just said "ok."

We proceeded with the morning ritual as always and by 8 they where out the door and I was home. I decided to go upstairs and get ready for the day, wasn't sure what I was doing but decided to get dressed any way.

After I was done I grabbed my phone and went back down stairs. I decided to text David to see what he was doing. I guess it's safe to say I think I am starting to like him.

~hey, just woke up, what's up with u~ he sent back

~ oh, nothing just siting home bored.~

I was not about to tell him that I was thinking about him he would think I was a creep.

~ well give me about a hour and I will be over then u won't be so bored.~

~ haha ok see u in a bit.~

This boy is something let me tell you. But I can't help to be attracted to him. I don't know what it is about him but he has me wondering. He is not like all the other guys from here he's not cocky or arrogant. He is more down to earth and he seems true. He don't act to be someone he's not, well I don't think he's acting. Only time will tell. Just as my thoughts where going hay wire about him the door bell brought me out of them.

"Hey," I said opening the door

"Hey beautiful." he greeted with a huge smile.

When he calls me beautiful my heart seriously skips a beat.

"So let's see what we can do about your boredom." he chuckled as he moved my hair away from my face.

"Ya and what makes you think you can cure my boredom?"

"Oh, well I'm pretty sure I have a few things one being this really nice motorcycle that is just crying for you to get back on it." he said slightly confidant.

"Oh, is that so? Is it the bike crying for me to get back on it or is it the drive crying for me to wrap my arms round him?" I flirted.

By the look on his face and the huge little boy smile I new I was right.

"so you wanna go for a ride or what?" he asked

"Well that's a dumb question."

We where on our way to some where. I wasn't sure where we where going he didn't say but I didn't care I just enjoy the rush from being on a bike. I wasn't even paying attention all I was doing was taking the air. When the bike came to a stop. David shut off the bike and I got off.

"Where are we?" I asked

"This is a little place I like to come every now and then to just clear my head." he answered

"Oh."

He started walking so I followed. There where very few people here. As we walked further we got closer to the beach and the ocean it was absolutely refreshing. We walked to the edge of the water and just sat there. Watching the sail boats coast.

"Hey look over there." David pointed

I turned my head to look just as a dolphin flew into the air and back down into the water.

I gasped" was that just a dolphin?"

"Ya, cool huh?"

"Ya, I have never seen that."

I felt, a arm around my waist and looked down to see David put his arm around me. I didn't move it I was ok with him putting his arm there for some reason his touch made me feel safe.

" It's the best part of this place, well was the best part." he said

" Was the best part?" I asked curiously

He turned his head to look down at me before saying "ya it was, till I meet you."

I smiled at him and said " are you real?" Ya I know that was lame but seriously this guys is like the perfect guy from one of those romance movies. guys aren't like that in reality, well no guy I met or have dated they are all assholes.

His brows creased and he looked at me confused "ya, I'm pretty sure I'm real." he confirmed

We both busted out laughing,he fell back on to the sand pulling me with him. We just laid there staring up into the clear blue sky watching the clouds move. I could feel his eyes on me so I turned my head, "what?" I questioned

"Nothing, just looking at you is all."

We both turned back to the sky when two white doves flew over our heads.

"They are absolutely beautiful creatures." I said

"Just like you April." David said brushing a light finger over my check.

I looked him in the eyes I could tell he was think the same thing I was and that was how bad I wanted to kiss him when something fell between us, I grabbed what it was  and almost screamed, what I held in my hand made my blood run cold.

One long stem white and black rose with a single tag attached.

"Soon April." ~ reaper~

*************************************

A/N what do you think this may mean? What do you think these signs mean? 2 white doves flew above and a white and black rose dropped to her. any ideas?