Chapter 29 Repercussions

Well its Monday morning and I am getting ready for school. This is a little harder then normal but im getting there. My aunt thinks I should stay home but I told her I was fine. So im going to school. It has taken me twice as long to get ready. David was down stairs already waiting for me so I tried to hurry.  

I am able to bear some weight now, my uncle said that's good means I should recover quickly, He said most people cant bare weight till weeks after surgery and I'm bearing weight 2 days later. I hopped down the stairs to join everyone in the kitchen. My aunt handed me a muffin and the damn latte thing she got me hooked on and David and I where out the door.

We got to the school and met up with everyone in the court yard. We all stood there talking when Sara walked up. She looked at me and my crutches, dropped her head and just kept walking. She looked sad.

"I cant believe she would even dear show her face." Julie said I just watched as Sara walked into the school alone, no one would even talk to her, I kinda felt bad for her but then I got this horrible pain in my knee and well that feeling went away quick. The bell Rang and we all went inside to go to class.

By the time lunch came I was beat and really sick of being asked how i felt and if I was ok. David carried our lunches on his try because I was not able to. We all sat down and ate lunch and talked about last Fridays game that we won. I caught Sara starring at me and when our eyes met she had a apologetic look in her eye. Maybe it was a accident. I continued to eat my lunch and just ignored her. The bell rang and we all left to go finish the day.  Which finished up the same way it ended. Everyone asking me if I'm ok and blah blah blah. Classes where boring like normal. I was glad when the bell sounded telling us that the day was over. I gathered my things and headed to my locker.

I placed all my stuff in my locker and headed to practice. No I cant practice but I am the captian and I need to be there. As I hobbled along to the locker room Sara stopped me.

"April, I am really sorry about what happened I didn't mean it." She apologized

"OK." I simply replied and continued on to the locker room. I don't know what else she expected from me. Accident or not she messed up bad, most people don't think it was a accident though, we went over that same routine a dozen times with no mishaps and all of a sudden she messed up. Hell she could of cause me to break my neck.

I walked into the locker room  to join the rest of the squad. Coach Miller announced that we would be having a meeting before practice to address what happened. So we all waited in the locker room for her to come in.

"OK, ladies as we all know last Friday's game resulted in a serious injury." she began. "Now we still have games ahead of us that we need to cheer for. April is still the captain but until she can return Julie will take over as leading. What happened Friday was from carelessness, we are lucky it was only her knee that was injured and she didn't break her neck. Ms. Anderson I think it is only right for you to explain to April and the rest of us what happened out there.

Sara stood there froze, her face blushed and her eyes glossed over like she was ready to cry. "I-I didn't mean it, I am sorry, my arm buckled and I wasn't able to keep it straight." She answered

"Ok, if that maybe the case then it was a accident, but I am sorry to inform you that your place on this squad is left up to the other girls and April." She said

Saras eyes watered and you could tell she was fighting back tears. the rest of the squad looked at her then at me and all said, "Boot her off, she is a liability to us."  Sara looked at me waiting for my response. The girls where right she is a liability, but she is also a good cheer leader and if we want to have any chance at competition we need her.

"Listen, I know how you guys feel and yes you are all right she is a liability to us but we are only a few months away from competition and if we want to have a chance to win it we need her, we don't have enough time to teach another girl." I said.

"well she cant just get away with what she did April." Mia exclaimed.

"I know. she will be banned from 3 games, she is to show up in uniform but will not participate. and you are to come to every practice." I told them all.

I know I let down some girls who really wanted to see Sara kicked off the squad but I couldn't do that, If this truly was a accident I cant hold her completely responsible for what happened.

"Ok, ladies get out there and warm up, Sara keep your arms stiff." Coach Miller yelled.

They all headed out to the field and I hobbled along after them. Coach miller walked with me."you know, Summers what you did in there was the true act of a leader."

"thanks coach, i just dont think she deserved to be kick off the squad if it was a accident."

The girls all practiced and did the same routines as normal. Each time with out a hint of misshape Sara came through for her flyer. Not once did she almost lose it. After the football team exited the field I called practice to a end too. All the girls jogged inside and I hobbled along behind them.

All the girls changed and left to head home,Mia and  I headed out too  but we heard someone talking so we listened. I know im a evsdropper but it was Sara and we couldnt help it.

"ya, they believed it, I put on the water works and she feel for it. If shes that dumb then I know I will get David." She said just above a whisper to whoever she was talking to.

"ya, ya I know to bad it wasn't her neck I broke but hey at least I took her out for a little while, That's what the slut gets for taking my spot and my man."

"you watch, I will end up with David and my spot back." She said hanging up her phone.

Mia and I looked at each other. "I told you." she mouthed. I shook my head in disbelief. I really truly thought it was accident. We hobbled out to me the guys.

"I freaken told you Apes, let me beat her ass for you." Mia said as we met up with David and John.

"calm down Rocky, I will talk to coach about it ok." I said

"About what?" David asked.

"about Sara dropping her on purpose." Mia snapped quickly

David stopped dead in his tracks" She what?" he said with a hint of anger.

"ya we over heard her talking to someone on her phone about it." I confessed.

"April you need to do something." he said

" I will."I reassured him.

We walked to his car and went home. We got to my house and went inside. David told my aunt about Sara and everything. "April, is this true?" she asked

"sure is." i replied

My aunt stormed off and was on her phone talking to someone. I couldn't hear what she was saying but I know for sure she was pissed and when my aunt gets pissed everyone better hide.