Chapter 19 confession

I flew to my feet with the rose in my hand and tears threatening to come out. David just stared at me. He too read what was on the attached paper.

"Can you take me home please?"

"April, what's wrong?" he asked

I didn't want to tell him but I had to he read the same thing I did and I never seen such a look of horror in someone else's eyes before.

"David, there is a lot I didn't tell you last night that maybe I should have."

David stood up and took a hold of me, he seen the scare in my eyes and there was no hiding it. I just hide my head in his chest and let the tears roll.

"April, I'm here when you wanna tell me, I'm not going anywhere." he said with sincerity

"You say that now but when I tell you everything it may not be the same." I cried

David took my face in his hands" April, I like you a lot, more then just a friend, I would like to be more then friends." he said before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

" Well let's go to my house so I can tell you everything and see if you still feel the same way." I stated as I pulled away from the kiss.

David took my hand and we headed back to his bike to go home. I called my aunt on the way to his bike to let her know what happened. She was going to come home but I told her no that David was with me.

We made our way back to my house. I was trying to come up with away to tell David what's going on but nothing came to me. This is going to be hard. We pulled into my drive way and he parked the bike. We went inside and sat on the couch.

David placed his hand on mine. "April if you don't wanna tell me you don't have to."

" Yes I do, I like you and don't want anything to happen to you."

He looked at me confused but didn't say anything. I took in a deep breath before I told him.

"David, after my parents where murdered I was placed in a asylum they thought I killed them. After being there for about 4 months I received a letter from someone admitting to the murder and proving my innocents. That same person has also threatened my life he says he is coming for me he also took my sisters life. this person is dangerous, the cops no and are doing what they can to find him and keep me safe but I don't think they can or will find him. So pretty much I'm a walking target for this guy and any one with me maybe too." I explained to him

He just sat there looking at me with a expression I couldn't explain, it was mix of worry, confusion and anger. He didn't say a word.

"Now you see why I said that we will see how you feel after you heard everything." I told him

He stood up and paced back and forth while running his hands through his hair. All the expression where gone but one all I seen was pure anger in his eyes and it scared me.

" Dammit, I will kill him." was all he said

I let him pace for a while. After he was done he sat down and looked me in the eyes. I was so scared of what he was thinking or going to say. We aren't dating but I do like him a lot and if he walks away it will hurt I just know it.

"April, I meant what I said I don't care about your past or that some psycho son of bitch is after you it does not change my feelings none. I still wanna be more then friends. I will always be there to protect you and so help me god if he lays one hand on you I will kill him." he told me.

I sat there dumbfounded. Could this be real does he really mean this? I sure hope so, with everything that's happened today I still managed to smile.

"David are you asking me out?" I asked

"Well ya I guess so, not the way I wanted to but ya I guess I am. so will you be my girlfriend?"

"Hmmmm I gotta think about this." I joked. his smile disappeared.

"Yes of course I will be you girlfriend."

He grabbed a hold of me and pulled me into a hug. he whispered into my ear "you just made me the happiest man in the state of California."

David stayed with me till my aunt came home. He got ready to leave and I walked him to the door and gave him a hug and kiss before he left I thanked him for staying with me. I turned to go back to the kitchen when I seen a dark car with tinted windows drive by our home real slow. I new it wasn't any of the cops because they had impalas and this was not a impala. I brushed it off and went to talk to my aunt.

"Hey aunt Jenni." I said walking into the kitchen

"Hi, you seem a little happier now, you wanna tell me why?" she questioned

"well you know about first half, well kinda ." I laughed

"April May." she said with a stern motherly voice " If you tell me that you just did...."

"OH MY GAWD, Aunt jenni NO WAY." I interrupted her.

"Ok, so what happened to make you so happy?"

"Well I told David everything from me being the prime suspect right down to the reaper."

"and, what did he say."

"well he didn't run away, he told me he will be here to protect me, and he asked me to be his girlfriend." I smiled from ear to ear.

" April really, oh my gawd." My aunt squealed. Ya shes such a little kids when it comes to this stuff she gets all giddy. 

She ran over to me and hugged me so tight I thought she was going to break my ribs.She backed away when my phone went off.

~hey beautiful, I'm home, I will text u later.~

Awe, I think I can get used to this real quick. He is so sweet, none of my ex's where like him they all only wanted one thing and that was one thing I was not going to give them. After they figured that out the bailed.

~ok, stud.~ I quickly sent back.

"April this is so awesome, we will go celebrate, I will call ahead to Aprils and make us some reservations." Jenni said.

"Really? I mean hes just a boyfirend we arent getting married." I said.

"whoa, marriage coming from Aprils mouth I don't think so." My uncle flatly stated

Shit I wanted to tell him at dinner, well cats out of the bag now.

"No uncle Naithan, David asked me out and I said yes so now hes my boyfriend and aunt jenni thinks we need to celebrate." I told him

"no. she just dont wanna cook, dear." He laughed.

I went up to my room to get ready to go, my aunt insisted so I just went with it. We wont be doing much of this anymore come Monday. So I mid as well enjoy it because Monday is in two days.