Chapter 27 The talk

I woke up in a room with machines all around me and a nursing next to me.

"Where am I?" I asked her

"you are in the recovery room." she answered.

I just laid there, as I remembered what happened. I looked down at my leg that was completely wrapped in a bandage with a brace over it. I flopped my head back on my pillow. Great, my year as captain and I get freaking hurt. I think to myself. I really think she did it on purpose, this is way below what she has done to me. I can handle the names she calls me, the writing on my locker, but this has gone to far.

The nurse came and wheeled me back to my actual room where everyone was waiting. The whole team and squad where there my aunt and uncle, David and both coaches.

"how do you feel?" My aunt asked.

"im really tired." I said

We all waited for the hospital to release me to go home. My uncles colleague came in and told us about my surgery and everything. He said I should be fine after I heal which will take about 6-8 weeks. Just in time for competition. He said he will see me in the office next week and I will begin therapy to get my knee healed.The fracture was very small so it should heal fine. He discharged me and we all where on our way home. David road with us and everyone else road back on the bus.

"You feel ok beautiful?" He asked.

"ya, I just cant believe she did that. I mean I can handle all her other bull crap but this." I just shook my head.

We pulled into the drive way of my house and my uncle parked the car. David helped me inside, when we got closer to the door I seen someone sitting there waiting for us. Before I could distinguish who it was David questioned the person.

"What the hell are you doing her? you come to see the damage you cause?" He growled

"n-n-no I come ."

"This is low even for you, you are really messed in the head." David interrupted her "all because April is a better captain and has my heart over you and your skanky self you go and seriously hurt her. you are one sick person Sara. Get out of here now." He barked at her.

I never seen this side of David before, he was really pissed.

"I come to apologize." She told us.

"apology not excepted." he snapped back.

Sara just walked away with her head down and we continued into the house. He helped down on to the couch and sat next to me.

"you know you didn't have to be so mean to her." I told him

"i know but she is the reason you are hurt, her jealousy of you has gone to far and someone had to say something."

"true." He was right, its ok to envy someone but when your jealousy causes you to hurt that person it has gone to far.

I laid on the couch for a while watching tv with David, my aunt and uncle ordered a pizza because I was starving and my aunt made more of those yummy lattes.  After we ate David curried me to my room so I could get changed and lay in my bed.

"do you want me to get you aunt to help you change?" He asked

"No, I think I can do it and besides your here if I need help." I told him

He just stood there as I pulled off my uniform top revealing my chest and stomach. I could feel his eyes on me as I slid my skirt of. He moved closer to me and didn't take his eyes off me.

"what, you look like you never seen a girl in her skibbies." I teased him.

"no, I have but not as beautiful as you." He walked up to me and put his hands on my bear waist. "I cant wait until I get to feel this body on mine." He whispered in my ear. Which sent chills down my spine. He kissed my forehead, Just as my aunt walked into my room.

"oh, my bad, I will come back." she said embarrassed. She quickly closed the door and David and I busted out laughing. He handed me my pjs and opened my door back up. My aunt came back up to my room with a red face.

" I'm sorry about that." She apologized.

"we weren't doing anything he was helping me get changed." I told her.

She smiled at us and walked back down stairs. I snuggled up to David and in minutes feel right to sleep.

DAVIDS POV

I laid next to a sleep April. She look so cute while she slept. I laid there thinking about the events that took place today. She was right maybe I was a little rude to Sara but that girl is a basket case. Her obsession with me and her jealousy of April is to much. She knows she will never have what April has and it pisses her off.

When I went back out to the field and seen them placing April on that gurney my heart about stopped. I felt a very different emotion then I normally do. It felt like someone had just took the most important thing from me.

I laid there a little bit longer to make sure she was asleep before I got up to leave. I walked back down stairs to get my cleats on and head home. I seen her uncle in his office I knocked on the door.

"come in." He said.

"hey, Mr." I stopped myself remembering what jenni told me. "Naithan."

"oh, hey David, how is she?" he asked,

"shes asleep, I'm going to head home, I will be back tomorrow."

"David, its late why don't you just crash here,April has a sofa in her room you could sleep on." Her aunt jenni said.

"oh, thanks but I think my parents may worry." I told her.

"nope I called them to tell them you where here and what happened." She said.

I looked at Niathan to see if I could read his expression, I know how he feels about April and guys,but he didn't look one bit mad about what his wife said.

"David its fine." Niathan told me."Jenni told me what she walked in on." He continued.

Oh shit, he is probably pissed. "I'm sorry sir, we weren't doing anything I was just helping her get her pjs on." I said

"David take a seat son." He motioned to the chair in front of him. I did as I was told and sat down and jenni joined her husband by his side. I don't know if I should be scared or not but my heart is pounding so hard I think it my break my rib cage.

"listen jenni and I where young once too. we know what its like to me teens and be curious. We also know April will be 18 soon and she will be bound to experiment, its part of life. All we ask is please play it safe. I don't like it but I have to except that my little gir...niece is growing up." He told me with a serious face.

"um. ok thanks I think. Just know that we haven't done anything yet, April is not ready and I am not going to force her into anything. She means more to me then just that." I told him.

He nodded his head and jenni just smiled. I excused myself and headed back to Aprils room. I over heard Niathan and jenni talking.   " Awe Niathan, I think he loves our little girl." jenni said.

" Maybe, only time will tell babe."

I went back to Aprils room and laid on her sofa thinking about what I just heard. Could it be, could this feeling I get when ever I hear her voice, see her face, smell her scent,melt at her touch, Could this mean I love April?  I never thought I could feel this way about a girl, but something is so different about April then any other girl. I got up and walked over to Aprils bed and laid next to her again. I gently moved her hair away from her face. I lend over a placed a light kiss on her cheek.

"April Summers, I love you."