chapter 9 Home

The judge agreed to have a quick release hearing, he released me to my aunt and uncle and reopened the case, and he feels that I should still see Mr., Jones because of this tragedy, which is ok with me. He also wants me to be enrolled back into school for the next term that is in about 3 weeks. After the hearing, we thanked my lawyer and spoke to the detectives about the case and investigation. They want me to contact them if I receive any more mail or contact from 'reaper'.

We head to my uncles BMW to go home; it is about a 30-minute drive. My aunt brought my cell phone with her so I could update all my friends about what is going on because of course the media and their noses for information are better than a hound dog tacking. All that's been aired is "breaking news in the April summers case" or” April summers released from wards" It has not even been 24 hours and these damn vultures are at it.

I decided to send a mass message to my besties at least, everyone else will find out as time goes on.

~Hey guys, I'm out~

Lame right? I know but what else is there to say other than that, I mean they already know I am out the news told them. Just what I always wanted was to be the center of the damn paparazzi. (Note there sarcasm to that).

~OMG Apes what is going on. ~

Of course, Mia would be the first to respond her and I are close. We have been friends since the 2nd grade, its funny cause the way we became friends you would think I would hate her. She crushed my science project that took me forever to make.

~can't really say much, they reopened the investigation, all I can say is they found a new lead and proof of my innocence~

~really that's totally awesome, I mean not awesome that it happened but that they got u outta there, wanna chill? ~

~not today, maybe tomorrow right now I just wanna be able to absorb all this, OK?~

~ya totally understand text me later OK? :)~

~sure thing, piece of pie~

~piece of cake sweets~

I closed my phone and just enjoyed the rest of the ride and the fresh warm air. I was really starting to miss the outside world, and forgot how nice the August weather is. I place my head phones in and listen to the latest music that I have missed, I love the country music, weird right I’m 16 and should like that rap stuff like most kids my age but I don't, I prefer country and old rock.

Just as Luke Bryon's country girl shake it for me was ending, we pulled into the driveway of my aunt and uncles flipping mansion. Yeah they are very well off, my uncle is a doctor, well a surgeon and my aunt runs her own business, well businesses she has a chain of restaurants. We make our way into the enormous house, even though I have been here a hundred times the size still gets me. Aunt jenni tells me that the room I would sleep in when I would stay over will be my room so I head up there to put what little bit of personal belongings I have in my room. I lie on the bed and just try to take in all the events that have happen in the last 8 hours.

"April, come eat some dinner dear" Uncle Niathan called to me.

**(Niathan is pronounced Nathan)**

I still giggle when he talks, he is from England, and his accent is still there. He and my aunt meet in college, and they tell me it was love at first sight. Corny right, like there is no such thing as love at first sight.

"On my way down"

I could smell that dinner was going to be good; my aunt is an awesome cook. She made my favorite, Spaghetti and meat balls with Italian bread and nice toss salad. Mmmmmm so delicious.

"So um, what am I going to do about all the stuff I had at mom and dads? Will I be able to go get it?" I asked

"Unfortunately, no you won’t honey, we will go shopping this weekend and get you all new stuff, and also we will be in contact with the school to get you enrolled." Jenni said with a smile

"um, ok, Thank you guys so much for being here for me, I don't know where I would be if I didn't have you guys." I thanked them

"April there is absolutely no need for you to thank us, Todd was my brother and we both made a promise to each other that if anything was to happen we would be there for the others children if they had any." my aunt responded .

We finished our dinner and I helped my aunt clean up, Uncle Niathan was going over his upcoming surgeries. He is a busy man; he does many surgeries they range from broken or injured bones to giving girls big boobs. I do not see the point in getting boobs through surgery but some women do, my aunt jenni is blessed with a beautiful body. Niathan tells her that she is perfect and he wishes he could sculpt all women to look like her, they are very much in love, and it is cute to watch. I just hope I have a love like that one day. Uncle Niathan said that any boy who hurts me would be in big trouble. I laugh because who can take him serious with that accent.

We finished cleaning up and I headed to bed it was almost 930 at night and I was exhausted from the long day. I went to my room, changed into my PJ’s, climbed into bed, and almost instantly fell asleep. Nevertheless, of course, I was right back where I always was, but this time there was no way out for me.