Chapter 34 A clue

David and I went back to my house and we tried to figure out why John would of made a phone account in Davids name. It just didn't make any sense to why he would want to hurt me and ruin David, they are friends.

David was really confused. This is a lot to take in for one person. I know I have been through a lot. "Are you ok?" I asked David

"ya, I will be, I'm just trying to understand why is all."

My stomach growled and I remembered I really haven't ate much. I went down stairs to grab something to eat. I ditched the crutches I am able to walk without them I just limp. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a few sodas some chips and made two sandwiches for David and I. I was heading back up stairs when I heard someone in my uncles office rummaging around. I walked in to see who it was "What are you...." I stopped mid sentence when I seen it was my uncle."Oh sorry, I didn't know you where home." I said to him.

He about jumped out of his skin and started shoving papers in his desk like he was hiding something."ya, I had to come get some paper work that I forgot." He quickly answered.

I just nodded and headed back to my room, weird how my uncle seemed so jumpy, and him and my aunt have been very different lately. I got back to my room and gave David his sandwich. I pushed the fact of my aunt and uncles sudden change to the back of my head. They are probably stressed with everything and work.

I sat down and started looking through the files again, maybe hoping something would jump out at me. Nothing did. I put it all away and pulled out the box of imortant stuff from my parents house.

"whats all that?" David asked

"oh just stuff I kept that I thought would be important of my parents."

"oh, well lets look through it together."

David and I started skimming through everything. We went through their insurance information, nothing major there. Just the normal, there life insurance was to cover their funeral and any other cost included there and the rest was to be placed in a trust for me. My aunt was  the beneficiary, which was no surprise she was the only family around her my dad had. I tossed that into the pile of nothing interesting and went onto another set of paper.

It went on like that for what seemed like forever, David didnt find any thing and neither did I. I decided to give up for now, my eyes where burning and my head was starting to hurt. I decided to lay down on my bed and maybe take a little nap. David followed me and we just laid there for a bit in pure silence.

" you know April, I'm really sorry." David said.

"For what?"

"that you have to go through all of this."

"its not your fault, I'm sorry that you got tangled up in it,"

"ya, it is a pain in the ass but ya know I would not change it."

"you wouldn't?" I was really surprised.

"no, I got to meet you and have you in my life, so everything that's happened to me is worth it as long as I have you."

I was speechless. I didnt know how to respond to that statement. So all I said was "you make it easier to handle."

He kissed my forehead and I snuggled up to him. I don't even remember falling asleep but I did. And to my surprise I had no dreams.

I woke up to a knock on my door. "April dinner will be done soon." my aunt said through the door.

I rolled over and looked at my phone. holy crap its six o'clook. I gently shook David to wake him.

"what is it beautiful?"

"its six o'clock lets go eat some dinner."

We both got out of my bed and went down stairs."do you need some help?" I asked my aunt

"no, unless you wanna set the table."

"ok." I grabbed the silverware and headed to the table to place it where it all went. I walked back into the kitchen and grabbed cups and a pitcher of lemonade and placed it all on the table at each spot.

My aunt walked in a placed the casserole she made on a pot holder in the center and called for my uncle.We all took our seats and started to eat.

"so how are you doing?" My uncle asked

"ok."

"well that's good, did you figure anything out yet?"

"not really. who ever this guy is he is very good at covering his tracks." no one responed to that, I caught my aunt glance at my uncle and I seen a bit of a smile on her face, well maybe I did. I could of been seeing things too.

"so David, what are your families plans for thanksgiving?" Jenni asked

"I don't know now that I cant really go far with this bracelet." He answered her.

"well why don't you have them come here they can at least spend the day with you." she said with a fake smile,

David nodded and we all finished our dinner in quiet. I don't know if it was just me or what but I could feel the tension was very thick, and something was eating away at my aunt and uncles demeanor. Something was off but I didn't know what. We all finished up and cleaned up the dinning room. David and I went back to my room.

" I dont know but did dinner feel weird to you?" I asked David.

"a little off but nothing serious considering whats happened."

"ya, I just don't get it I hate that my aunt and uncle are not the same as they normally are."

I decided to browse the web and check my emails I haven't checked in forever because of the reaper. I opened up my mail. Holy crap four hundred new messages. All junk a few face book notification's I clicked them all and sent them to the trash.

'you got mail' the little computer voice said.

I went back into my in-box to see what it was.

SENDER:

Subject: Very important

I opened it up. I wasn't sure who sent it because it was blank.

Dear April,

How is the which hunt going? Not so good huh. I see that the boyfriend is out of jail. What a shame he almost went down for being innocent like you. But is he really innocent?  Hows mom and dad doing these days? Hope all is well. Just remember April May that even the closet of family holds a secret or two. But darling yours holds many. If you can revel those secrets you will revel the truth. Don't look outside of the box look inside it. Go deep, go personal you will figure it out. No one is off limits here April. The ones who will hurt you first will always be the last you think about.

 Soon April, He is  coming soon.

 ************************************************************************************************************

A/N Any thoughts on what has happened, Any guesses at who it maybe? Did you ever suspect John to betray David? Is David really innocent or did he set up john? Remember keep the guess to yourself and me Dont put them as a comment send them to me in a message.

P.S I added a picture of April to the side, what do you think?