The Talk

Liam P.O.V

I still can't believe I did that. I kissed my best friend Naomi. Why did I do that?

'Um maybe because your in love with her' my inner voice said.

Now that I kissed her things will be so awkward. I mean would she confront me about it or act like it never happened? Fuck, I just fucked up everything. Maybe if I don't go to school today maybe I can avoid this. But I have to go today, there's a football game today. Shit.

I guess I have to go. I lazily got up and took a shower. When I was done I put on my clothes and dried my hair. I didn't feel like doing my hair so I just rubbed through it and grabbed my gym bag. I grabbed my keys and left out my house.

I started my car and honked the horn. Naomi came out her house with her gym bag on her arm. She looked at me and I could tell she was nervous, I mean I was to, my hands were shaking and my palms were sweating. I unlocked the door and she came in.

"Hey Liam," she said and hugged me. I hugged her back and when I pulled away she was smiling. I guess she didn't wanna make things awkward so I started smiling to. And God her smile is beautiful. I started the car and drove off to school. The ride was pretty quiet, we didn't speak at all and we only shared a few glances at each other. 

A few times I would catch her staring at me and when I starred at her, she would go back to starring out the window or looking forward. When we got to school, I parked and as soon as she opened the door she was out and gone. She didn't even say bye or see you later, she just left. I took a deep breath and got out the car. I started walking when Zack caught up to me, we started talking and entered the school.

Naomi P.O.V

 I just couldn't handle it. Being in a car alone with Liam after he kissed me was awkward. I kept looking at him to see if he was looking at me and he was so I just turned back to the window or I just looked forward. As soon as he parked I got out and went into the school and started looking for Holly. When I found her she was standing at my locker looking around.

When she saw me she smiled but then when she saw my face expression her smile faded. I ran to her and hugged her tight. "Hey......Naomi are you okay? Who did it, who's ass do I have to kick?" she asked looking around angry. The bell rung and I pulled away from her.

"No one but I'll tell you later. But just know it's about Liam." I said and nodded. I put my arm around her shoulder and we walked to our first period class together.

_____________________

"So you mean he just kissed you straight like that?" Holly asked not believing me.

"Yup he just kissed me and I ran off." I told her. We were currently at lunch and we sat at our usual table.

"What?! Why didn't you kiss him back." She asked hitting me. 

"Because A, he has a girlfriend and B, he is my best friend you know that Holly," I rolled my eyes at her questions.

"Ok but did you at least like the kiss?" she said with her serious face on. I actually  thought about it for a second. Did I like the kiss? Well we did kiss for like only 5 seconds, and I didn't kiss back. But after the kiss I did feel tingles left on my lips.

"I don't even know truly," I sighed and laid my head down on the table.

"Well do you like him now?" She said slowly.

"What!! Of course not Holly he's my best friend and he has a girl friend." I yelled and some people looked at me.

"Naomi that's y'all excuse for everything. What if he had feelings for you all this time and he didn't tell you? The whole school practically thinks you two go out since you've known each other since you guys were born."