Tears & Heartache

Naomi P.O.V

I'm so glad this is the last day before winter break. It was lunch time and I was sitting at my usual table with Liam, Zack and his friends. Ever since Troy found out about Holly's pregnancy she's been sitting with him but I have no problem with that. As long as they don't bother me then I'm good. 

"Naomi did you hear me?" Liam said and I blinked a couple of times giving him a sheepish smile.

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening what were you saying?" I asked and he laughed.

"I was saying since this is the last day before spring break would you want to go with me and Zack after school to the mall so we can go Christmas shopping before everything is gone?" he suggested and I just thought about it. I haven't been Christmas shopping and Christmas is in three days.

"Sure, are you going right after school or are we going after you come from football practice?" I asked eating some of my fries.

"Right after school. Coach said since its the last day we don't have practice." he said and I nodded. The bell rung and everyone started leaving the cafeteria.

"Meet me by my locker right after last period," Liam yelled and I nodded and went in my class. I sat in the back and students started filling the class. Holly and Troy walked through the door and I had forgot they have this class with me. They sat down and as soon as the bell rung my science teacher came in.

He sat at his desk looking at the class and folding his hands together. "Ok class since today is the last day were going to watch a movie." he said and the class cheered.

I really didn't want to watch a stupid movie so I decided I would go to sleep. Mr. Murray turned the movie on and turned the lights off. I laid my head down on the desk and drifted off to sleep.

_________________________

I felt my phone vibrating so I rubbed my eyes, lifting my head up and getting it out my pocket looking at the missed called. It was My mom. I raised my hand and asked my teacher to go to the bathroom and he said yes. I got up bringing my bag with me and walked out the classroom.

I was about to walk in side the bathroom when I heard my name being called. I looked to my left and saw Mr. Fields, our principle with two police officers.

"Yes Mr. Fields." I answered. 

"Can you come in my office please."

"Sure is everything okay, am I in trouble?" I asked worried. I did nothing, I was just going to the bathroom. 

"No just come in my office so we can speak." he said and I nodded. I followed him and the two officers in his office and and sat down in the leather chairs. Mr. Fields sat down in his chair and nodded at the police officers.

"Ok Ms. Clark is this your father?" the officer with the blonde hair said holding up a picture of my father and I nodded.

"Yes it is, why what's wrong?" I asked looking between the two officers.

"Ms. Clark we've just been notified your father has been in a car accident and has been rushed to the hospital." the other officer said and I dropped my phone that was in my hand. A tear fell down my face and I picked up my phone looking at the officers.

"Does my mom know he's in the hospital?" I asked and the officers nodded.

"Your mom was the first person we notified." the blonde haired officer said and I nodded.

"Can I have a moment with Ms. Clark please officers?" Mr. Fields said and they nodded. The officers left his office and I couldn't hold back anymore. I let the rest of my tears fall freely and I cried in my hands.