Candle Light

Liam P.O.V

Its been two days since Mr. Clark died and it's been the worst week ever. Nobody could function right it was like we were all zombies. Naomi cried everyday and every night and only ate when she wanted to, which was never. Mrs. Clark cried and she hasn't been sleeping at all. Me, my mom and my dad has been with Naomi and her mom the whole week never leaving their side.

But I would never leave Naomi's not now or ever. Her and her mom need us the most right now, and we're going to be there for them. 

The principle heard about the bad news and gave me and Naomi a week of school off but that was stupid since we were already on winter break. Ever since then so many of our friends have been coming over giving their respects. Even though I wasn't related to Mr. Clark he was still like a second father to me. I was at Naomi's house and she had finally went to sleep. All week I've been trying to get her to sleep but she didn't want to because of her nightmares she had of her father.

Tomorrow we would be having a candle light and the whole neighborhood was invited because they were all friends with Mr. Clark. I got out of bed and carefully took Naomi's arm off me and walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had dark circles around my eyes. I haven't had much sleep either and when I do go to sleep I only get an hour or two. I quickly turned on the water and splashed my face a couple of times.

I wiped my face with a towel and walked out the bathroom. Naomi wasn't on the bed but she was by the window looking at the snow falling.

"I thought you were sleep." I said standing next to her.

"I had another nightmare." she said.

"I can't believe Christmas is tomorrow."  she sighed sadly.

"Yeah I know." I rubbed her back. 

"This is the first Christmas we had without him."  she said and her voice cracked at the end. I sat by her and embraced her in a hug.

"Hey shh it's okay Nay." I whispered in her ear as she cried on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry I just miss him so much." she sobbed.

"I know you do, I miss him to, he was like a second father to me." I said rocking her back and forth.

"My heart hurts Liam." she cried out and I kissed her cheek.

"Shh it's okay we'll get through this." I said and she nodded.

For the rest of the day we sat in her room and she cried. When we had no more tears left, we got on the bed and she fell asleep. I kissed her cheek and covered her up with the covers and quietly walked out the room and down the stairs seeing my parents and Naomi's mom in the kitchen. I walked in the kitchen and sat down at the table and they all looked up.

"Where's Naomi?" her mom asked.

"She's upstairs sleeping." I said and she nodded.

"Guys can I talk to Liam for a quick second please?" Naomi's mom asked and my parents nodded. They got upstairs and Naomi's mom looked at me.

"Ok Liam I just want to say thank you for everything and thank you for being there for Naomi. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here." she said.

"You don't need to thank me. You guys are like a second family to me." I said and she smiled sadly.

"Liam I know you still love Naomi so much and I just want to ask if you could take her some where after Christmas?"

"Sure where?" I asked.

"Well before my husband died we planned a trip to New York because Naomi always wanted to go there. So after Christmas I want you to take her there so she can take her mind off her father."