Chapter Four, Zyra's POV,

Chapter Four, When I Come back,

When I come back from getting my small soda, Dawn is still there playing her bells. She looks tense and frustrated while playing her lovely tune. I take a sip of my soda and head towards her. I know she can see me out of the corner of her eye while she plays. I stand in front of her and listen to her song. She plays for minutes at a time and my mind goes crazy imagining situations for the song to be in. When she is done, she looks up at me.

"Hi Dawn," I say awkwardly.

She smiles at me and puts her mallets down on her bells. Then she spots the can at the far right of the bells and looks in it. Her eyes go wide. Then she puts the cup back down on her bells and looks up at me. She was a plump girl who looks like she eats enough food, while I am a frail and lanky girl, never getting the proper nutrition. She has a sad expression now as she looks at me. Then she holds the can out to me and grins.

"You look like you need this more than I do," She says to me.

I shake my head slowly. She frowns.

"No, you keep it, you just moved to this dump, you're going to need it," I say to her while frowning.

I can't just take the money from her, even though I desperately need new clothing and something more to eat, I can't take the money from her. My father would be furious if he saw me come into the house with money, he has no idea I steal it from him all the time for food, books, and clothing, he thinks it's from goodwill. She looks me in the eyes that are the bluest blues you ever did see. So blue that they sparkle in the sunlight. Tears are filling her eyes.

"Please take it, it will do you good, I've seen you at school and on the bus and I know you're broke, so let me help," She says and my eyes begin to water as well.